Hello readers welcome to the new post. Here we will learn How to Get Discord on PS5 and PS4 in 2023 In the gaming world, communication is the main factor. Whether you’re strategizing with your team, coordinating a raid, or chatting with friends, having a reliable and effective communication source is essential. Discord has long been famous for gamers for its user-friendly interface and feature-rich environment. But how to get Discord on your PlayStation 5 (PS5) and PlayStation 4 (PS4) in 2023? In this post, we’ll cover detail through the process step by step, to make sure we can stay connected with the gaming community seamlessly. So let’s get started How to Get Discord on PS5 and PS4 in 2023
Why Discord on PS5 and PS4 is a Game Changer
Discord on PS5 and PS4 is a game-changer for different causes. It increases the gaming experience by providing a simple communication platform right on the console. Here’s why we should consider using Discord:
- Effortless Communication: Discord provdies both voice and text chat, making it simple to communicate with gaming buddies without leaving your game.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: it is available on different devices, making sure we can stay connected with friends no matter what platform they’re on.
- Server Organization: it helps us to make and join servers dedicated to certain games or communities, keeping conversations organized.
- Rich Features: From screen sharing to customizable roles, Discord provides a plethora of features that can increase gaming sessions.
How to Get Discord on PS5 and PS4
Connect Your PlayStation Account to Discord
Through the Discord App on PC
Before starting the discussion with friends while playing games on PS5, we needed to connect the PlayStation system with the Discord account. it will highlight PS5/PS4 game status for others to see in the chat app and enable voice calls. Use these points for this process
1. Open the Discord and press on the setting gear icon at the bottom left side of the screen to open the app’s Settings page.
2. At left sidebar on the setting page press on the connections to see teh list of Discord integrations.
3. After that press on PlayStation Network’s logo existing below the “Add accounts to your profile” to attach your Sony account with Discord.
4. Now you can see the sign-in page log in with use of PlayStation account’s details and press on “Sign In”.
5. After that authorize the Discord connection on the PC app by pressing on the “Authorise and Continue.”
5. Now you can see your PS account details on Discord’s Connections page. Here, it can be selected to display your PSN account on your profile and display game activity according to Discord status.
6. After connecting your Playstation account with Discord, here’s what your friends will look when you are playing any PlayStation 5 (PS5) games.
Through PlayStation 5
1. Make a way to link services on PS5 by following these optionsSettings -> Users and Accounts -> Linked Services.
2. When finished with the login process of adding your details, the screen shown below will display to you either scan a QR code or use the PS5 browser to do so.
3. Scan the QR code existing in the image that will be displayed on PS5, or you can go to www.discord.com/activate and enter the code that you get. And it finished Your Discord and PSN accounts are now connected, and the voice chat is can be used on PS5.
How to Use Discord on PS5 (Easiest Method)
After completing all steps now use Discord Voice on your console. We can use a desktop or a mobile device to join the call on your PS5. Follow the points explained below to do so:
1. Go on to Discord on a phone or PC and join a voice call, personal or on a server.
2. If you are using a PC, there will be an icon that looks like a controller along with a smartphone at the lower left. Press it and then select “Transfer to PlayStation” from the pop-up shown
3. We can see a dialog box asking to confirm the connection. Ensure that is selected your PS5 and press on “Transfer Voice.”
4. If you are using a mobile, swipe up to access the voice controls. Here, we will look at a new button titled “Join on PlayStation.”
4. This process will automatically transfer your voice chat to the PS5, and we will be able to speak with friends while playing games on the console.
Discord for voice calls will use the DualSense controller’s microphone. We can even quickly mute it using the button existing on the controller. There are some controls that exist like the features to adjust a friend’s volume and see the voice channel currently in.
Discord Voice Chat on PS5: First Impressions
While Playstation gamers have been using party chat on their consoles for the longest time, an official Discord integration is a breath of fresh air. For chronic Discord users, I set the connection up and tried Discord voice chat on PS5. Till now, the experience has been good with no downsides. The best feature is that I faced no connection lag or drops when testing Discord voice chat on PS5. The PS5 maintained a steady voice network without any problem
There are also good controls available. As discussed, we can quickly set the volume of other people, and mute everyone in the channel and yourself. As expected, Discord voice chat also operates in single and multiplayer games. We can get the overlay using the PS5 navigation bar. A handy control I suggested is that you can selectively adjust the audio balance for your game and voice chat. So if friends are getting annoying, we can tone them down in a simple process
Read Discord Messages on Your PS4 and PS5
When you do not have a native Discord client on PlayStation 4 and 5, there is a workaround that helps us to access Discord in read-only mode on the console. When we tested these techniques, messages were not sent or joined the voice chats. However, if you are searching for a method to check your Discord messages on PS4 and PS5, use these points:
1. Launch PlayStation Party and open a chat window with a friend.
2. In the chatbox, type “www.discord.com” and forward the message to a friend on PS5. We don’t need to send a message to friends on PS4 as it comes with an in-built browser. We can open Discord Web directly in the browser on your PS4 console.
3. Now select link and wait for PlayStation to open the link in a pop-up browser window.
4. We can then sign in to Discord account with details and press “Oen Discord in your browser” to open the chat app on PlayStation.
5. And it finishes We can now read Discord messages on PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5. While this process is not easy as a native client, it helps us quickly go through messages from your Discord gaming buddies.
PlayStation Status on Discord Not Working? Change Privacy Settings on PSN
In conditions when you are not looking at PlayStation activity on Discord after connecting PSN account, chances are that it’s due to PSN privacy settings. Here’s how to vary privacy settings on the PlayStation Network:
1. Open Sony’s account management page in a browser and move to “Privacy Settings” from the left sidebar.
2. Expand the “Personal Info | Messaging” part under privacy settings and press the “Edit” button close to “Online Status and Now Playing”.
3. Change the privacy from “Friends Only” to “Anyone”, press “Save”, and are all completed Users can now see your PS5/ PS4 game activity on Discord.
How to Connect Audio From Discord on PS4
There is no method to directly connect audio from Discord to PS4. However, we can use a workaround by using a third-party app known as PS Remote Play.
PS Remote Play helps us to stream your PC or mobile device’s screen to PS4. This shows that we can open the Discord app on PC or mobile device and stream the audio to your PS4.
To do this, use these points
- Install the PS Remote Play app on a PC or mobile device.
- Link PC or mobile device to the same Wi-Fi network as PS4.
- Open the PS Remote Play app and sign in to PlayStation Network account.
- Choose PS4 from the list of available devices.
- When your PS4 is linked, open the Discord app and join a voice channel.
- The audio from the voice channel will now be heard on PS4.
We can use the controller’s built-in mic to talk with the other members in the voice chat.
Here are some more things to keep in mind:
- The quality of the audio can not be as good as if you are using a direct connection.
- You will need to keep your PC or mobile device awake in order to stream the audio.
- It workaround only functions for voice chat. We cannot use Discord text chat on PS4
How to Use PS Remote Play to Stream Discord and Game Audio
- Download and install the PS Remote Play application on a PC or Mac.
- Open the PS Remote Play app and sign in to your PlayStation account.
- Link PS5 to the same network as PC or Mac.
- On PS5, go to Settings > Remote Play Connection Settings and select “Register Manually”. Press the code displayed on PC or Mac screen.
- On PC or Mac, start the game you need to stream.
- Open Discord and start a voice chat.
- In Discord, press the Settings icon and select “Activity Settings”.
- Under “Registered Games”, click on “Add it!”.
- Choose the game you are currently playing from the dropdown menu and press on “Add Game”.
- Discord will now start streaming the audio from the game you are playing.
How to Link PlayStation Network Account to Discord
it is a Discord integration for PlayStation fans. This helps to connect their PS account to Discord. Here’s proces explained
- Open Discord and press on the Gear Icon to access User Settings
- choose Connections existing on the left side menu
- Press on the PlayStation Network icon existing in Add Accounts to Your Profile
- Add your PlayStation account details to “Sign in.”
When linked successfully, we will see 2 options to display gaming activity on Discord. These are the “Display PS Network as Status” and “Display on Profile.”
The previous helps Discord friends see PS online ID, and the latter displays your gaming activity to the Discord world. What if friends can’t see the game activity on the PS4? The next discussion will help you fix it.
How to Change PSN Privacy Settings
Follow these points to modify privacy settings:
- Open PlayStation account
- Move to Privacy Settings
- Open Personal Information|Messaging section
- Choose the Edit button Online Status and Now Playing
- Change the status from Friends Only to Anyone
How to Share PS4 Screen on Discord
Here are the steps explained
- Download and install the PS Remote Play app on a PC or Mac.
- Open the PS Remote Play app and sign in to your PlayStation account.
- link PS4 to the same network as your PC or Mac.
- On PS4, go to Settings > Remote Play Connection Settings and choose “Register Manually”. Press the code displayed on your PC or Mac screen.
- On PC or Mac, start the game you want to stream.
- Open Discord and start a voice chat.
- In Discord, press on the “+” icon in the bottom left corner and choose “Screen Share”.
- Select “PS Remote Play” from the list of applications and press on “Share”.
Development Between Discord and Play
Discord and PlayStation are developing a deeper integration that will help Discord users look at what their friends are playing on PlayStation, join their games, and chat with them while they play. This integration is still in the starting phases of development, but it has the potential to innovate the way gamers communicate and play together.
Here are some of the methods that Discord and PlayStation could be integrated:
- Discord users could see what their friends are playing on PlayStation. it will be done by connecting their Discord account to their PlayStation account. When connected, Discord users will be able to see a list of their friends’ PlayStation activity in the “Now Playing” phase of their profile.
- Discord users could join their friends’ PlayStation games. it will be done by pressing a “Join Game” button in Discord. it would launch the PlayStation game on the user’s console and link them to the game session.
- Discord users could chat with their friends while they play PlayStation games. it will be done through Discord’s voice chat or text chat features. it helps gamers to communicate with each other while they play, also if they are not on the same platform.
How to use Discord on PS4:
There is no official Discord app for PS4, but we can use Discord on PS4 using some workarounds like using the PS4 web browser to access Discord. Here are the points:
- Open the PS4 web browser.
- Go to discord.com.
- Sign in to your Discord account.
- You can now chat with your friends on Discord, but you cannot use voice chat.
Can you get Discord on PS4?
No, there is no official Discord app for PS4.
Can you download Discord on PS4?
No, we cannot download Discord on PS4.
How to use Discord on PS4 without a PC: We can use Discord on PS4 without a PC with the PS4 web browser.
How to use Discord on PS5: There is an official Discord app for PS5. We can download the app from the PlayStation Store. When you have installed the app, you can sign in to your Discord account and start chatting with your friends. We can also use voice chat on PS5 with Discord.
Does PS5 have Discord? Yes, PS5 has an official Discord app.
PS5 Discord release date: The Discord app for PS5 was released on January 20, 2023.
Is Discord only on PS5? No, Discord is also comes on other platforms, like PC, Mac, iOS, and Android.
How do I get Discord to show on PS4? We cannot get Discord to show on PS4. There is no official Discord app for PS4.
Is there a Discord app for PS5? Yes, there is an official Discord app for PS5. We can download the app from the PlayStation Store.
Why is my PS4 status not showing on Discord?
There are some reasons why PS4 status can not be shown on Discord. One chance is that have not linked my Discord account to my PSN account. For this open the Discord app on PC or mobile device and go to User Settings > Connections. Then, press the Add button and select PlayStation Network. Press your PSN login information and click Connect.
Another option is that you have not enabled Discord Rich Presence on PS4. For this, go to Settings > Account Management > Linked Accounts. Then, choose Discord and make sure that the toggle switch next to “Enable Discord Rich Presence” is turned on.
Finally, it’s also suggested that there is an issue with Discord itself. If you’re still having issues getting your PS4 status to see on Discord, try restarting your PS4 and Discord.
Is Discord on PlayStation reddit
Yes, there is a subreddit for Discord on PlayStation. The subreddit is called r/DiscordOnPlayStation.
Does PS have Discord
- Yes, PS has Discord. You can use Discord on PS4 and PS5.
Will PlayStation add Discord? Sony has not yet announced any plans to add Discord to the PS4 or PS5. However, there have been rumors that Discord integration is in the works.
How do I download Discord?
You can download Discord from the Discord website. The website is https://discord.com/.