Hello, readers welcome to the new post here we will discuss the Introduction to the Raspberry Pi 4 board. The Raspberry Pi 4 is the latest model of a less expensive Raspberry pi computer. It is not similar to your typical devices and is just a credit card-sized electronic board.
Raspberry Pi foundation is operating for providing the power to computer industry and digital components. For this purpose that provides a less expensive highly functional computer easy to learn and solves problems. In this post, we will Raspberry Pi 4 board and its related parameters. So let’s get started
Introduction to Raspberry Pi 4 board
- The raspberry Pi 4 Model B is the latest module that was first time introduced in June 2019. It comes with high operation quad-core sixty-four-bit Broadcom 2711, Cortex A72 processor clock with 1.5 Giga Hertz speed.
- It is a less power-consuming board that comes with less power using features and high operation performance than older Raspberry boards.
- It has four GPIO pinouts and has different types of LPDDR4 SDRAM that have two, three, and eight GB memory.
- It also has a dual display that is supported to four K resolutions through the use of micro HDMI pairs ports, hardware video decodes at four Kp. T
- This board also has Bluetooth 5.0 and PoE features with dual channel 2.4/5.0GHz wireless LAN, and two USB 3.0 ports
Raspberry Pi 4 Features
- Raspberry Pi 4 features are explained here
- its operating temperature range is zero to fifty centigrade
- It can be powered through PoE ethernet
- It comes with the ability to get one volt of three amperes through a USB-C connector
- It has a Micro-SD card slot that is used for loading the system and storing data.
- It has four pole stereo audio and composite video port
- It comes with OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics
- it has two land MIPI CSI camera ports and a two-lane MIPI DSI display port
- it is a Raspberry pi standard module that has forty GPIO pin header
- it has two USB 2.0 ports and USB 3.0 two ports
- It has compatibility with Gigabit
- It also has LPDDR4 SDRAM having memories of 2GB, 4GB, and 8GB
Raspberry Pi 4 Board Layout
- Here the complete structure of the Raspberry Pi 4 Board is explained
- it is different from the older Raspberry module that is RPI 3 since it comes with a larger memory unit than previous HDMI supports with 4K resolution and some other functions that are described below
- It has Broadcom BCM2711 that contains of 1.5GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A72 processor
- it comes with Broadcom VideoCore VI @ 500 MHz which was introduced in 2009. It provides BluRay video playback with OpenGL 3.0 graphics, H.265
- it has three RAM of empery units 2 GB, 4 GB, and 8 GB
- It comes with two USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports that can be connected to outer peripheral devices for data transmission
- It has 5.1 volts three ampers C-type power port
- It has two micro HDMI ports with the feature of 4k, 60 HZ resolution
- It has Gigabit Ethernet with features of sending ethernet frames at one billion per second
SD card Slot:
- The micro SD card slot also available on the board
Raspberry Pi 4 GPIO Pinout
- The Raspberry Pi 4 has forty GPIO pinouts which can be used to read inputs connected and write the output according to input. Here all pins are explained in detail
Raspberry Pi 4 GPIO Pinout
- There are a total of forty pins existing on this raspberry PI 4 model out of them twenty-six are GPIO pinouts
- This raspberry model comes with two 5V pinouts, two 3.3 volts pinouts eight ground pins, and two reserved pinouts
- 5V pinouts are for the output of five volts power supply given through a Type C port. These pins 2 and 4 are on board.
- 3.3 volts pins are pins 1 and 17 on the board are used to power the outer components with 3.3 volts.
- Pins 6,9,14,20,25,30,34 and 39 are ground pins on the board that are used for circuit closing
- 27 and 28 number pins are reserved inputs used to make communication between I2C protocol and EEPROM
GPIO Pins Details
- These pins are used to perform numerous operations and each has its own function. Some pins work as input and some as output. The input voltage must be about 1.8 volts considered as low voltage and the voltage value fo these pins from 1.8 to 3 volts is high. Must provide a voltage of less than three volts for the safe operation of the board
Pulse Width Modulation Pins
- pins number 12, 13, 18, and 19 are pulse width modulation pins that perform the conversion of a digital signal to an analog signal. All pins can be used as software but some work as hardware PWM
Raspberry Pi 4 Serial Peripheral Interface Pins
- SPIO pins of Raspberry pi 4 are GPIO9 as MISO, GPIO10 as MOSI, GPIO11 as SCLK, GPIO8 as CE0 and GPIO7 as CE1.
- These SPI pins are used to make connections between devices like sensors or actuators with the board. Data is sent through Raspberry pin to devices through the use of MOSI and MISO used to receive data. SP communication is performed through the use of 5 GPIO pins ground, SCLK, MOSI, MISO, and CE.
- CE pins are used to enable or disable the circuit and SCLK pins operate as clocks for SPI communication
Raspberry Pi 4 Inter-Integrated Circuit Pins
- Through the use of I2C pinout, this board regulates the peripheral devices connected. Communication is performed through SDA and SCL pins. The data is sent through SDA pins and the processing speed of data is regulated through the SCL pin.
- EEPROM is small quantity data. In the case of this board GPIO2 pins is transmitting data through the use of SDA and GPIO2 regulates speed through SCl. While of EEPROM pin GPIO0 transmits data and the GPIO1 pin is used as a clock to regulate the speed of the data
Raspberry Pi 4 UART Pins
- The UART is a communication type where data is transferred in sequence bit by bit. There is a need of a transmitter and receiver for UART communication. In this communication, Raspberry Pi 4 comes with two default pinouts. The Pin GPIO14(TX) is transmitter for data sending and GPIO15(RX) is receiver pin
- Four extra pins are configured on board for UART.
CAN I USE THE RASPBERRY PI 4 AS A DESKTOP PC?
- The pi board can be operated as a budget desktop and with the introduction of raspberry pi 4 it never operates well. The main advantage normally use is web browsing, and online services access is additional memory.
- Though having four GB RAM memory Pi 4 does not have any difficulty with heavy website pages and applications and has the ability to switch between full online services like Google’s G suit and also has JaveScript-laden websites in the absence of lagging.
That is all about the Raspberry Pi 4 board all details has explained. If you have questions ask here
Special offer: $2 for 1-8 layer PCBs
Free SMT Assembly Monthly
New arrival for Aluminum boards, only $2