Hello, readers welcome to the new post. In this post, we will learn the Difference between RASPBERRY PI PICO and ESP32 C3. Currently, there are two best microcontrollers that are used for project creation. Micriconrolers are Integrated circuits that are programmed to perform different operations. The Raspberry Pi Pico and ESP32 are the main types of controllers that are famous in the industry. These two are small in size with less power and are built with 32-bit dual-core CPUs.
These are used in different projects but come with some differences. Here we will discuss some points to find the differences. So let’s get started Difference between RASPBERRY PI PICO and ESP32 C3
Introduction to RASPBERRY PI PICO
- The Raspberry Pi Pico is the first controller from the Raspberry Pi family and is configured to the RP2040 chip.
- It is a small microcontroller board like Arduino and not as computer-like featured configured as previously was.
- This microcontroller consists of a dual-core ARM cortex M0+ processor that has a frequency range of one thirty-three megahertz.
- It comes with two sixty-four kilobytes of static memory with two megabytes of flash storage expandable up to sixteen megabytes.
- It consists of twenty-six general-purpose input-output pins used for various purposes, which are also compatible with 3.3V digital input and output pins.
- It is powered by a USB, external power sources, and batteries. Its biggest advantage is that it uses Drag and drop programming, so no programmer is needed to program it.
Intorduction to ESP32
- ESP32 is less power consumption and a less expensive on-board microcontroller that is integrated with WI-FI and dual-mode Bluetooth.
- The ESP32 module uses a Tensilica Xtensa LX6 microprocessor for dual-core and single-core modules.
- Xtensa LX7 dual-core microprocessor or single-core RISC-V processor and comes with built-in antenna switch, RF balun, filter, low noise receiver amplifier also configured on board
- ESP32 is manufactured and designed by ESpressif system, which is the successor to the ESP8266 controllers
Difference between RASPBERRY PI PICO and ESP32 C3
- Here some differences of this controller on the basis of hardware are discussed here
- Raspberry Pi Pico consists of dual-core ARM Cortex-M0+dual-core and ESP32 C3 as one core RISC-V-32 bit
- Raspberry Pi Pico has RAM flash memory of 264 KB and the RAM flash memory for ESP32 C3 is 400KB SRAM. The clock frequency for Raspberry Pi PIco is 133 MH and ESP C3 is 160 MHZ
- ESP32 C3 is compatible to WIFI baseband and WIFI MAC and Raspberry PI PICO has no wifi connection. The Bluetooth range for ESP32 is 5LE and Raspberry Pi Pic does not have a Bluetooth connection.
- ESP32 C3 supported the UART, ADC, GPIO, SPI and I2C interfaces while Raspberry Pi Pico supported the 2x UART, 2x SPI, and 16x PWM channels
- Raspberry Pi Pico consumes power 91 mA and ESP32 C3 uses three modules of power if it is configured through WIFI then uses 100 mA and for light sleep mode uses 2mA and deep sleep mode uses 100uA
- The programming languages that they supported are C and C++ and MIcroPython.
- Programming language is imperative to consider so you can have an easy user interface. Whereas, in the case of the two options of microcontrollers in question, there is no such wide difference in the context of programming language. But they need an interpreter
- The flash memory for Raspberry Pi Pico is two megabytes and ESP 32 C3 has sixteen MB of flash memory.
RASPBERRY PI PICO Vs ESP32 C3
|Raspberry Pi Pico||ESP32|
|Processor||It comes with Arm Cortex-M0+ dual-core||This module has Tensilica Xtensa LX6 32 bit dual-core|
|RAM||Is RAM is 264KB||Its RAM value is 520KB|
|Clock Speed||The close speed for this module is 133MHz||It has 80/160/240MHz|
|Operating Voltage||The working volts range is 1.8-5.5V DC||Working voltages are 2.2-3.6V|
|Operating Temperature||-Working temperature is 20 °C to +85 °C||Working temperature is –40 °C to +125 °C|
|Flash Mempry||Its flash memory is 2MB||It has flash memory 4MB|
|External Flash Support||16MB||16MB|
|RTC Memory||Not specified||Its RTC memory is 16KB|
|Wi-Fi||It does not have WIFI||802.11b/g/n|
|Bluetooth||It also has No bluetooth||Its Bluetooth are Bluetooth 4.2, BLE|
|Other Interfaces||2 × UART, 2 × I2C, 2 × SPI, 16 × PWM channels||2 × I2S, 2 × I2C, 3 × UART, 4 × SPI, 16 × PWM channels|
|Sensors||Temperature||Touch, Temperature, Hall Effect|
|GPIO||26, plus 3 analog pins||34 programmable pins|
|Native USB Support||USB 1.1 (Device or Host)||No|
|Dimensions||21 mm × 51 mm||–|
That is all about the Difference between RASPBERRY PI PICO and ESP32 C3 all parameters are explained here. If you have any query ask here