Hello, readers welcome to the new post. Today we will discuss Introduction to MGR996R Servo Motor. The servo motor is known as a rotary actuator and a linear actuator that is used for the regulation of angular and linear position acceleration and velocity. There is a sensor coupled to the motor for position feedback. There is a sophisticated control also configured to this motor.
It prefers closed-loop control and is used in robots CNC machines and automation industries. In this post, we will discuss the MGR996R Servo Motor features and some other parameters. So let’s get started
Introduction to MGR996R Servo Motor
- The MG996R is high torque digital servo motor that consists of metallic gearing that generates high stalling torque in a small structure of about ten kg.
- This motor is an advanced form of MG995 servo and with some features such as shock proofing and redesigning of PCB and ic system so its accuracy increases with these features.
- It also has to gear in upgrading form to enhance bandwidth and centering. The structure of this motor has thirty-centimeter wiring and three Pins S category female header connector which adjust receivers.
- This high torque motor has the ability to rotate one-twenty degrees. Any servo code can be used to control this motor so you can regulate this motor through the controller.
- This motor has features of arms selection and hardware that you have to use
MGR996R Servo Motor Features
- The temperature range of this motor is about zero to minus fifty-five centigrade
- It comes in a stable and shock proof double ball bearing design
- It has a value of dead bandwidth of about five microseconds
- Its stall current is about 2.5 amperes
- Running current is about to give a hundred milliamperes
- Its operating volts are 4.8 to 7.2 volts
- The operating speed is about o.17 seconds
- Stall torque is about 9.4 kg/cm
- Its weight is about fifty five-gram
Wiring of Servo Motor
- Orange color wire: Here pulse width modulation signal is given to run the motor
- Red color wire: Here plus five volts are given
- Brown wire: here ground is connected
How to Select the Servo Motor
- Here numerous servo motors is existing in the industries and each has its own structure and features. Here we will cover the points that will help you to find an accurate motor for your use
- There is a voltage range for a servo motor to operate is between 4.8 volts to 6.5 volts with high value of volts we can get high torque mostly motors have operating volts of about five volts.
- Almost every servo motor has the ability to rotate from zero to one-eighty degrees due to gear structure. Your applications must be according to this rotation and the rotation of the motor can be modified according to your project.
- For long-running motors, there can be gar of metal structures can be used
- The other point is the torque of the motor which is about 2.5kg/cm torque that the MG996R motor has it means the motor has the ability to pull the weight of 2.5 kg when it is placed at a distance of one centimeter. So of we place the load at 0.5 cm distance motor can pull a load of about five kg
How Servo Motor Works
- In servo, there is a combination of motor either dc or ac control circuit, gear, and potentiometer. The first gear is used to decrease RPM and enhances the torque of the motor. The potentiometer must in such a state there is no electrical signal produced at potentiometer output.
- Now provide the electric signal to another input pin of the error detector amplifier. The difference between two signals of the potentiometer and other from other points will be given to the feedback system and results will be given in form of error.
- This error signal is the input of the motor and the motor rotates. The motor shaft is attached to a potentiometer and with rotation of the motor potentiometer moves and a signal generates.
- As the potentiometer angular position varies its output feedback varies. After some time interval position of the potentiometer get to such a point that the output of the potentiometer is similar to the exterior signal.
Servo Motor Applciations
- It used in human robots since have less weight
- Used where no feedback is not needed
- It used in RC toys
- Used in Haxapod and robotic arms
That is all about the Introduction to MGR996R Servo Motor all details has explained if you have any queries ask in the comments. Thanks, for reading have a nice day.