Hello, friends welcome to the new post.. In this post, we will have a detailed look at the Features of GSM. The GSM is a global system for mobile communication that was designed by the ETSI to explains the operation of a second-generation or 2G mobile network. The first time in 1991 was used in Finland and commonly accessible to the world in mid of 2010.
In this post, we discuss its different features and practical implementation. So let get started with the Features of GSM.
Features of GSM
- The main features of this system are explained here in the detail.
- With the passage of time, there is an enhancement in used networks of the mobile system after the 1980s and these networks were not has compatibility to each other.
- With the increment in the different network, there is a need of a main centre or network that can control these systems.
- So GSM was operated in different countries and has coordination among the system of these nations. In a result, the mobile system is common and compatible in these nations.
- This process also offering value for different devices used in the GSM system and their applications.
- Due to this cause numerious devices are generated through different prices, operation and companies that created these modules at a large quantity.
- It causes the less expensive for mobile users due to different components available at different prices.
Noise Robust GSM Features
- In mobile communication system such as TAC NMT, the MS make configuration among the site of cell through the use of signals of radio waves.
- As this method offered a good quality of sound and has susceptible behaviour to sound.
- The sound or noise that disturb the original signal can be generated due to some reasons mentioned here.
- Ignition of automobile
- Due to matching of like frequencies
- Frequency interference due to adjacent cell
- Transmitting signal disturb due to background radio sound
- To solve these issues there is the usage of digital techniques in the GSM system
- Through the use of digital signal, we can do manipulation of info and can add safety from error measurement and fault removers tools.
- The outcomes is that signal moving over the GSM has the ability to bear a large number of faults.
- This specification is that in faulty conditions the required signal is generated with good quality with good accuracy of frequency.
- There is a need of a special RF carrier to make interlinking among the Mobile subscriber and cell site in case of air interference so there is a need of the resultant distinct hardware of RF.
- According to required channels, there is a need of hardware components in results that is time taking process costly.
- The devices used at the GSM are regulated through the use of different software. The variation in the system can be done very fstly and use of less time and labour.
- There are 8 users are regulated through the use of single carriers and need of fewer components.
- The improvement offered the 1/2 speech channel cell phones use newly techniques offering 1/2 info to transmit on through the air interference.
- Through the use of 1/2 rate, there is sixteen users can be supported through the single carrier and increasing the system of capacity.
- There is flexible behaviour is shown through the GSM for international roaming. This system helps us to make calls to all over the world with using the other country sim.
GSM Standardised Open Interfacing
- The device in every mobile system caused to generated through single producers.
- I is since the device is created to make communication to other device created by other producers.
- This condition is getting good for devices creators and high prices devices.
- So for mobile subscribers and network provides, it becomes a costly process.
- This condition is distinct in the case of GSm where a signal interfacing module that is C7 and X.25 is used.
- It indicates that creators of the network can choose numerous producers for numerous components of the hardware.
- The competition among the producers is intensive GSM areas and producers should make sure they supported operating components with reasonable cost.
- With that network, the creator offered a high level of flexible behaviour in a place where elements are existing.
GSM Offered Security
- Security is the main factor for usage operators is their data security. In the case of different networks is main factors.
- In ist generation, it was an issue that data of almost twenty per cent is lost.
- Now there is certain parameters are taken in GSM for enhancement of security.
- Now in this system, there is an indication for ME and MS.
- There is a certain number is assing by every producer. and can be monitored by the mobile database when there is call is connected by the device.
- the subscriber is configured through the usage of SIM and permits the system to monitor Mobile subscriber on the database system.
- The SGM also provides features to do encryption of signal at the air interfacing.
- Numerous points for encryption is existed to fulfil the users features.
- Through the use of authentication for mobile subscriber and mobile equipment through the use of encryption and digital encoding offered the difficult task to get access the call
GSM Flexible Handover Procedure
- This process occurs when a mobile subscriber changes cell and varying the radio signal used by previous to new.
- To retain the call operation there is switching done in MS from cell to cell and channel to channel
- In case when the GSM is certain to make the design process of call handover.
- Though the GSM network is complex and compares to another system the flexibility of GSM procedure gives good quality to the users.
GSM and ISDN Compatibility
- There is a certain network like ISDN is used in different countries is used.
- it is a modern and well-established system used in communication network and bear the data and info through-line of phones.
- It mostly used in USA, Europe, JAPAN Australia.
- The GSM system is created to run the ISDN network and offers a specification that has compatibility.
- The GSM offered the extreme data range of 0.6 kilobits per second but ISDN offer large data rates that is sixty four kilobits per seconds