Hello, readers welcome to new post. In this post discuss the Main Components of GSM The gsm is the worldwide accepted and commonly used system for mobile communications. It was the first time created in 1982 to complete of cellular network in Europe.
In this post, we discuss the main parts and elements used in this system that helps us to understand the main architect of GSm and its operation. So let get started with the Main Components of GSM
Introduction to GSM
- The main circuit diagram of the GSM module can be seen below.
- In this configuration, there is a single time the component explained but is used in numerous positions.
- Every element of this system created to make communication in the total system.
- It offered flexible behavior and make sure that the system offered the usage of elements according to the configuration of different creators.
- The main elements of GSM are mentioned here.
- MS or Mobile Station
- This component comprises of cell phone telephone.
- BSS or Base Station System
- This part of GSM used to make communication between the mobile phone and equipment installed at land with the use of radio signal.
- Network Switching System
- This part configures the MSC and its main control functioning based installed to make the needed configuration.
- It helps to make the link between the GSm and PSTN
- Operations and Maintenance System
- This component make sure the system maintenance of the network from the main center
- Let us discuss these parts one by one
- What is MS or Mobile Station
- There are 2 subparts of this component first on ME or the mobile second one is SIM.
- ME is the hardware portion operated by the network users.
- There is a certain number is assigning to this device that called IMEI and helps to make a distinction from other MEs
- The SIM is placed in the mobile and helps to make recognition of the MS users and offered data related to coming users.
- There is a certain number assing to the users that called IMSI and stands for international mobile subscriber identity.
- The mobile can be purchased from any market and for SIM use has to visit certain network providers.
- If there is no sim inserted in the phone no call can make just an emergency.
What is Base Station System (BSS
- This component of GSM is located at the site of the cell.
- The main elements in these parts are digital and radiofrequency devices.
- It helps to make connections between the MS or mobile subscriber and MSC.
- For BSS to MS communication the is air interfacing is done and MSC uses two megabits per second connection.
- There are 3 main parts of hardware elements in the BSS.
- There is a radiofrequency module that exists in this component that helps to make air interfacing in case of a special cell.
- It uses to make communication to the mobile subscriber for this purpose there antenna is installed on it
- The bsc used to control the operation BSS. And make connections to the MSC BSC used to control the one or more than one BTS
- The transcoder helps to make a compact form of waves coming from the MS because it can transmit easily.
- As it is a component of BSS but positioned close to the mobile subscriber.
- What is is BSC
- The bsc used to control the BSS the main option of BSC is explained here.
- The data needed for BTS will be obtained through the use of BSC.
- Like this any data needed from bts will get through the BSC.
How BSS Configured
- Over we discussed that can regulate the BTS the higest quantity of BTS that can be regulated through a single BSC is not certified through GSM.
- Single creator has different features. The BTS and BSC can be positioned at the single-cell location or different positioned.
- In practically BTS are positioned at a distant location since the number of BTS is larger in the system
- There is a daisy chain used in the BSS arrangement. In this chain, there is no need to make communication to the BSC that is regulating it but can be linked to bsc through the usage of large numbers bts making chainlike configuration.
- This chain helps to decrease the quantity of cable used to make connections.
What is Transcode
- This module is used to transform the data from the MSC in a certain shape that is supported by the GSM to transmit on the air interfacing which exits among the BSS and Mobile subscribers.
- The sixty fur kilobit per seconds pulse code modulation circuitry have less modification will cover a large number of radio signal
- It will use the required spectrum of radio with poor performance.
- The needed bandwidth is os decreased the processing of sixty-four kilobits per seconds circuitry that make the quantity of data needed to send digital sound to become the gross rate of sixteen bits per seconds.
- This transcoding function is located at MSC bts and BSc.
- The below diagram describes the details of transcoding
What is Network Switching System
- In this part of GSM, there is switching control is done. There is the configuration of databases occur here to control users information and locations.
- The main operation done through is to link GSM to another communication system.
- The basic parts of this system are listed here.
- Echo Canceller
That is detailed post about Components of GSM if you have any further query ask in the comments. Thanks for reading have a nice day