Hi readers I hope you all are having fun in your life. In this post, we will have a detailed look at Bridged-T Attenuator. The Bridged-T Attenuator is a resistance attenuator enterprise that is changing on the typical symmetrical T-pad Attenuator. its title infers the bridged-T attenuator has an extra resistance establishing a bridged system across the two series resistances of the typical T-pad.
This extra resistance permits the circuit to decrease the level of a power signal by the compulsory attenuation deprived of altering the impedance of the circuitry as the signal looks to “bridge” crosswise the T-pad system. Also, the two series resistive elements of the T-pad are permanently equivalent to the input supply and load impedances.
Introduction to Bridged-T Attenuator
- The Bridged-T Attenuator is a resistance attenuator enterprise that is a changing on the typical symmetrical T-pad Attenuator.
- In given circuit Resistance (R3)procedures the bridge system crosswise a normal T-pad attenuator.
- The two series resistances (R1)are selected to equivalent the supply or load line impedance.
- One main benefit of the bridged-T attenuator over its T-pad companion is that the bridged-T pad has the capability to compare itself to the impedances of transmission lines.
- There is one main disadvantage of this attenuation is that it needed an equal value of input impedance to the value of load impedance and therefore so it used such configuration where compression between 2 quantities needed,
- The enterprise of a bridged-T attenuator is as modest as for the normal T-pad attenuator.
- The two series resistances are equivalent in worth to the impedance of the line and so there is no need of calculation.
Variable Bridged-T Attenuator Configuration
- For bridge T attenuator that has symmetry configuration is used do attenuator on certain value or fixed value while matching the characteristic impedance of the signal line.
- Hopefully, by now we know that the bridged T attenuator circuitry contains 4 resistive elements,2 of them match the distinguishing impedance of the signal line, and 2 we use for calculating for a given amount of attenuation.
- But by substituting tof the attenuators resistive rudiments with moreover a potentiometer or a resistive switch, we can change a fixed attenuator pad into a mutable attenuator over a prearranged range of attenuation as shown.
Adjustable Bridged-T Attenuator Configuration
- In the given circuit diagram we can see that, after cautious adjustments of the potentiometer, we can effortlessly yield in our modest sample, a completely adjustable bridged-T attenuator in the assortment of two decibels to twenty decibels.
- By altering the standards of the potentiometers to outfit the impedance of the power signal line, in theoretical any quantity of adjustable attenuation is conceivable by means of the complete range of resistance from 0 to infinity for both (VR1a) and (VR1b), but in certainty, thirty decibels is about the boundary for a solitary adjustable bridged-T attenuator as the resistance values convert to minor
- Enchanting this impression one stage more, we can also yield a preventable bridged-T attenuator circuitry by swapping the potentiometers with fixed resistive elements and a ganged rotating switch, rocker switch, or button switches and by swapping (switching) in the suitable resistance, the attenuation can be improved or reduced in ladders.
PCB Prototype Service by PCBWay only $5/10 PCBs
- I hope you all have learned a lot about the Bridge T attenuator to make the circuit of this module there must you need a project simulation through the use of these devices. To make a project and for getting prototyping services I will recommend you most reliable and trustable Prototyping services provider that is PCBWAY.
- It is always suggested that to choose PCB prototyping providing for the operation checking of any new project to make an agreement for the complete production running.
- The main advantage that you will get through this series are:
- your expenses will be very less or affordable.
- High-speed testing and accurate designing of your project.
- Detection of any designing error at the starting of your project design.
- Advantages from fewer production tolerances.
- The prototyping services provided by the PCBWAY is very fast generally they take twenty-four hours for two layers and forty-eight hours for four layers with an affordable price of just five dollars for ten PCB boars and each new buyer has a chance to get a $5
- To avail this service click here and provides details of your projects or you can upload a Gerber file.
- When you will upload the Gerber file their technical team will go through this file with details and if each parameter is completed then you can pay payments for your project.
- This PCB suppliers do not create your products at high speed but with affordable prices for their customers.
Feature of a bridged-T attenuator
You can see that 2 fixed series resistances R1 of the circuitry will have the same value as the transmission line configurations impudence
- Through the use of a transmission line having an impedance value of eight ohms in the above example, the resultant created attenuator will be a switchable bridged-T attenuator
- The bridged-T attenuator is a resistance immovable kind regular attenuator that can be used to present a specified quantity of attenuator damage when introduced among equivalent impedances with the bridged-T enterprise an enhanced form of the communal T-pad attenuator.
- In some traditions, we can also reflect of the bridged-T attenuator as an adapted Pi-pad attenuator.
- One of the chief disadvantages of this sort of circuitry is that due to the bridging resistances, this kind of attenuator circuitry cannot be used for the comparison of inadequate impedances.
- The bridged-T attenuator enterprise brands it relaxed to compute the resistances mandatory for the system since the values of the two series resistance are enduringly equivalent to the distinctive impedance of the transmission line manufacture the attenuator regular.
- When the anticipated quantity of attenuation is resolute the math intricate in scheming the residual resistance morals is equally modest.
- this sort of attenuator enterprise permits for the bridged-T pad to be adaptable by varying only two of the resistors for potentiometers were as the typical T-pad attenuator would want three.
Applications bridged-T attenuator
- Attenuators, particularly those used in RF submissions, comprise of a system of resistors.
- These passive circuits are cast-off to deteriorate the signal from a supply to an appropriate level for the receiving end.
- Attenuating a signal is complete, not solitary to evade harm to the receiving-side circuitry but also to compare the impedance between the supply and the endpoint.
- The bridged-te attenuator is an improved form of the pi system topology. The benefit of this system above other topologies is the prospect of changing attenuation with only two resistors.