Hello readers welcome to new post here we will discuss Introduction to MPR121 Capacitive Touch Sensor. The MPR121 is created after the MPR03x series devices’ common applications. The MPR121 comes with enhanced inner intelligence with Freescale 2nd generation capacitance detection engine. With other features it has are electrode count, and hardware configuration 12c protocol.
In this post, we will cover its details about the different paramerts such as working, pinouts, and applications so let get started.
Introduction to MPR121 Capacitive Touch Sensor
- MPR121 is a capacitive touch sensing device that operates through I2c interfacing. This board can be regulated till the 12 single electrodes with 13 simulated electrodes,
- There are 8 light-emitting diode pins it has when these pins are not used as electrodes work to operate any LED.
- It comes with 4 jumpers wires that adjust with the default setting.
- Jumper connects with the Add pinout with the ground it indicates that the default address of the board will be 0x5A
- Before varying the address of the board there must open jumper. Jumper also has SDA, SCL and interrupt pinout with the ten kilo pull-up resistances.
- There is no existence of regulation at the board hence voltage is given must be between 2.5 to 3.6 volts dc.
- The connection of VREG pin to ground with the series combination of 0.1 microFarad capacitor that indicates till you will not adjust the board MPR121 can not run for supply volts of 1.71 to 2.75 volts dc
- The main pinout of MPR121 are discussed here
- 0 to 11: These pins are used as inputs for capacitive sensors.
- GND: It is ground pins
- ADD: it used as an address selector of I2c
- SDA: It used for serial transmission of data through i2c
- SCL: Serial clock is given here
- IRQ: It is an open-drain interrupt output pinout
- 3.3V: Input power is given here
- Its main features are discussed here
- The voltage range for this board is 1.71 to 3.6 volts
- twenty-nine microamperes input current can it get
- its shutdown current is three microamperes
- It comes with twelve electrodes on board
- It has a led operating circuit with eight led pins
- Its operating temperature is minus forty to plus eighty five centigrade temperature
- The main applications of MPR121 discuss here
- It used in computer systems
- Used in sound systems
- It is used in circuits of remote controllers of different devices
- It used in mobile
- Employed for control of light through sensors without a switch
Tha is all about the MPR121 Capacitive Touch Sensor. I have explained all paramerts about these modules with the details if you have any further queries ask on the comments thanks for reading have a good day.
Special offer: $2 for 1-8 layer PCBs
Free SMT Assembly Monthly
New arrival for Aluminum boards, only $2