Hello readers welcome to new post. Today we will discuss Introduction to LIS3DH Triple-Axis Accelerometer. It is high power high performance three axis linear acceleratormeter and created by STMicroelectronics that is part of nano group and has compatibility to digital I2C/SPI interface standard output.
It uses less power and considered as the part of latest battery operations. In this post we will discuss its working and some other parameters. So let get started.
Introduction to LIS3DH Triple-Axis Accelerometer
- The LIS3DH is three axis linear accelerometer comes with I2C or SPI interfacing. Its lower power consuming features helps to use it in different high level operations and embedded system.
- It comes with user friendly scales ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g and has ability to measure acceleration through output data rate of one hertz to 5.3 KHz
- Its self test features helps to monitor its function ability in different applications.
- It can be configured to make interrupts signals through use of two inertial wake/free fall modules through device positioning.
- Thresholds and timing of interrupts generators get programmed through end user at fly.
- The LIS3DH integrated through 32-level first in, FIFO buffer permitting users to store data that helps to retard the intervention by the host processor.
- The LIS3DH is comes in small thin plastic land grid array packing and its temperature range is -40 °C to +85 °C
LIS3DH Triple-Axis Accelerometer Features
- Its main features are discussed here
- Its output is sixteen bit
- It comes with two independent programmable interrupt generators for free fall and motion detection
- It has ability to detect the 6D/4D direction detection
- It also features free fall detection
- This module used in motion detection features
- It known as embedded temperature sensor
- Embedded thirty two levels of sixteen bit data FIFO
- Its input volts range is 1.71 V to 3.6 V
- Its IO supply is 1.8 volts and supply voltage compatibility
- It has ultra low power mode consumption is about two microampere
- It comes with 2g/±4g/8g/16g dynamically selectable full scale
- It compatible to I2C and SPI communication protocols
LIS3DH Triple-Axis Accelerometer Pinout
- Main pinout of this module are discussed here
- VCC is 3.3 power input pin for other components
- GND is ground pin
- SCL is used to I3C interfacing of serial clock through ten kilo pull up resistor
- SDA is serial data interface for I2C protocol through ten kilo pullup
- SD0 is three wire interfacing for serial data output
- CS is I2C/SPi mode selection 1-I2C enabled zero for I2C disabled
- INT is intertial interrupt output pinout
- AD1 is analog to digital converter input one
- AD2 is analog to digital converter input two
- AD3 is analog to digital converter input three
LIS3DH Block Diagram
- It used in pedometer operations
- Used in intelligent power saving for handheld devices
- Used in click double click identification circuits
- Free fall detection system
- Motion activated circuits employ this module
- Rotation detector circuit has this component
- It used of for humanoid robots
- Used for self balancing robots
- Used in drones circuits
That is all about the LIS3DH Triple-Axis Accelerometer all details has explained. If you have any query ask here.