Hello, reader welcomes to another interesting post. In this post, we will have a detailed look at some Basic Electronic Components used for Circuit Designing. Now a day there are every product and circuit comprises of some electronic devices and components that used to create that device. If you are an electronic engineering student or engineer and going to make any new project for that you must need some electronic components. If you do not know about these components it will be very difficult for you to create any project by using these components.
In this post, we will discuss different types of components that are very common parts of each and every device or project of electronics. Here is a very important fact that I am to discuss is that to create different projects related to electronics if you are a student or beginners can contact different electronic engineering-related companies that will help to you for creating such products and also provides some components at a reasonable price to you for creation of a project. There are numerous companies are working in this world that provide services related to electronics but i will suggest to PCBWAY. The services of this company i also have used i also recommend it you. Its most common services are PCB, PCBA, and PCB prototyping. They provide $30 for SMT orders and three flexible options that are Turnkey, kitted and combo. You can choose these options during getting components by them. If you are students it also provides some free project creation that you can get after making with connection with them. So let’s get started with Basic Electronic Components used for Circuit Designing.
Basic Electronic Components used for Circuit Designing
- There is a different category of electronic components that are used in industries for the creation of different electronic projects and devices such as resistances, inductors capacitor, diode, and some other integrated circuitry.
- During the manufacturing of products, these components are assembled on the PCB board and linked through the wires through which current flows through these components.
- So let’s discuss these components one by one in the detail.
- In every electronic project and circuit, the most important component is resistance that allows controlling the value of current used in the circuit.
- From its name you can take the idea that it used to provides some resistance or hindrance to the flow of current that helps to provide protection to our circuit.
- There are some devices that have a very sensitive operations if there is a sudden rise in the value of current that can damage the device so use of resistance for those devices is very important.
- The unit used for measuring the value of resistance is ohm. The value of ohms relies on the value of current passing in the circuit larger value of ohms less current flow in the circuitry.
- Like resistances, there is another important component used in electronic devices is a capacitor. It stored energy in form of an electric field.
- The operation of the capacitor is like the battery that stored charge and then provides it to the load.
- There are some devices that can not be directly run with by the dc supply for these devices first capacitor is charged and then the output of the capacitor given to those devices.
- There are different types of capacitors but its 2 categories are commonly used which are ceramic disc and electrolyte.
- Its value is measured in microfarad.
- The capacitor is not only used in electronic devices but also used in electrical like some motor that used capacitor for its starting purpose and in fan capacitor is also used to provide starting torque.
- The energy stored by the inductor is in the form of a magnetic field. It is just a simple wire that is wounded like coil shape.
- In such application were dc is required only where it most preferred since it permits to pass DC but not allowed AC to pass.
- It also sued for separation of signals having different values of frequencies.
- A diode is most important part of such devices that do not operate on AC. Since diode is uni device that means it alow to pass current in only a single direction.
- The main function of the diode is to convert ac into DC the process of AC to dc conversion is called rectification and the circuit used for this purpose is called a rectifier.
- It has two terminal first is an anode that is the positive side and the second is a cathode that is the negative side.
- There are two modes in which it connects to the circuit first is forward biased and second is reversed biased in reversed biased state current does not flow.
- There are numerous types of diode such as LED, step recovery diode, PIN diode, Schottky diode, etc.
Light Emitting diode
- A light-emitting diode is a full form of LED it is a type of diode and every electronic device used this module.
- It used to show the accurate working of the device if it blinking it means the device is working properly and if not blinking that mean device not working accurately.
- An integrated circuit is a full form of IC it is complete packaging that comprises of transistors and diode and some other components that make it complete casing.
- The component used in this module is assembled on the chip created by the silicon.
- THe most common use of these devices are laptops, calculators, computer and mobile phones, etc.
- The transistor is electronic components that have three terminals that are emitter-base and collector. The configuration of these terminals can be different according to use.
- There is a very small value of voltage 0.7 volt is needed to operate it.
- there are two main types of this module first one is NPN and the second one PNP transistor.
- The common application of this element is in switching circuits and in amplifier circuits.
- The relay is just a simple switch device that helps to prevent the complete circuit from damaging from the larger value of current.
- It functions is like to the electromagnetic switch that operates when the value of current passing through it larger than the preset value.
- It comprises of coil current passing in the coil create magnetic fields the help to off and on the current flowing.
So friends are the basic electronic components that are commonly used in electronic devices. I hope you get an introduction to these modules. In the next coming tutorial, we will discuss these components with the details. thanks for reading have a nice day.