Here we will learn WordPress Security: How to Secure WordPress Site 2023. WordPress started out as a blogging platform, providing novice / people with no knowledge of any writing or editing language to post their content easily and effectively. Today, WordPress users use this CMS software to improve membership sites, online stores, learning programs and school management … the list is endless.
Its popularity can be measured from the fact that 28% to 32% of sites are powered by WordPress. In addition, it enables a wide range of backgrounds and industries making it a highly dynamic web publishing platform.
Although the core of WordPress is solidly secure, it still has a few annoying features. However, it should also be noted that most WordPress websites are compromised due to Webmaster’s / complacent/lethargic behavior.
In this episode 2, we will be discussing how administrators/owners can prevent their websites from being hijacked. For our beloved readers asking about VPNs, we’ll post an article soon and share some great VPN deals that are currently being offered. So here we go.
How to Secure WordPress Site 2023
- Initially, as a homeowner / developer / webmaster you need to choose a completely secure hosting site. It simply means that various environmental technologies such as PHP, Database (MySQL) and built-in firewalls have been changed to their latest versions. Servers with defunct components are prone to vulnerability.
- SSL is second in the list to make your website secure. So, how does SSL offer you protection? safe Sockets Layer, sometimes known as SSL, is a cryptographic technology created to provide safe network connections.. It means that sensitive information such as credit card details is encrypted before moving through various servers. A security key next to the browser address bar locks criminals. It costs less than $ 100. Buy one today! Both your customers and your sensitive data should be protected.
- One of the most common reasons why WordPress websites are broken with password strength. Private password … request a problem. Hackers can easily infiltrate your administration panel and take control of your site. A secret password will force the criminal to access multiple attempts and many times. As a website manager/owner you will definitely see this unusual activity.
- Themes – Remember free is not the best option. Free WordPress themes are usually not tested for security loopholes. In With that, they do not give support or updates, In that case, using these articles could damage your site with poorly coded code or outdated practices/technologies. The theme contains a few sensitive files/objects that can open the way to a major threat. One such example is the invasion of contradictory texts, especially forms. So download themes from the WordPress.org repository or popular theme builders.
- WP Admin URL – This is a favorite hacker method. WordPress file and folder layout is an open secret. Everyone knows the way to the director’s location is / wp-admin. It provides an easy way to use cruel power. So, what is the option? Change the URL of this folder. Easy to change using a plugin (Make sure you choose a reputable plugin).
- Strengthen the controller position with additional security such as two-factor authentication. Therefore, even if your new administrator site is violated by a cyber criminal you still need to provide more responses/input to gain access to the administration panel of your website.
In the second part, we will discuss advanced ways to protect the WordPress website. While most of these tweaks can be made by owners/managers, there are some that require advanced knowledge. If you are unsure about how to do these tasks/activities we strongly recommend that you hire a reputable WordPress / Web Design company like Netlynx Inc to do what is required.