Hello readers welcome to new tutorial. Here we will discuss What is the Standard PCB Thickness. During the use of PCB board there must be considers its material, heat resistance, with that thermal conductivity. All these facts helps to learn about the operation of PCB board. With these factors there is must use factor that is thickness of PCB.
Operation of board and durability depends on the thickness of board. There are different PCB manufacturers working on the PCB thickness that helps you to make accurate PCB board thickness on the basis of your project demand and component used. PCBWAY is one of the best PCB supplier that make PCB with accurate and fine thickness of board with less error. PCBWay is a Chinese PCB manufacturing company that produces more than 2100 daily PCBs that are distributed worldwide. They provide a wide range of PCB prototyping, assembling, designing, and CNC / 3D printing services in all five factories with more than 520 employees.
By investing in new tools, quality control, and user support, PCBWay provides quality services at very competitive prices. The company stands out for its support of a variety of technologies and easy-to-use websites, but above all for its strong public support.
PCBWay provides everything needed to take over power projects from start to finish, while more than 70 professionals working in the field ensure seamless quality assurance and timely delivery. The company receives building materials from well-known companies, and maintains ISO 9001 and UL certification to guide its customers’ approach to commercial products.
The process of creating such products usually begins with PCB prototyping. As one of their most popular services, there is almost no limit to the size, shape, and complexity of a PCB company can build, allowing you to adjust the board parameters to include different bases, sizes and number of layers, silk screen colors and solder. mask, surface finishes, and so on.
What is the Standard PCB Thickness
- During the measuring the PCB thickness there must be keep in mind the numbers of layers of the board that will helps you to finds the value of board thickness.
- Layers of board relies on the board thickness. PCB thickness made some changes on basis of required uses.
- For example some projects are designed on thick board and some on less thick board.
- While for industry value of standard PCB is 0.063 inches. It has been using since numerous last years.
- At start it was not standards set by industry but on the basis of plywood sheet thickness that define the PCB thickness.
- As the thickness of plywood sheet was 0.063 inches that become standards for PCB.
- While some ranges for PCB thickness is 0.008 inches ti 0.240 inches.
- Two main facts keep in minds during the thickness of PCB board.
Thickness of Copper PCB
- Copper is considered as the main part of board. Its thickness has influence on the board thickness.
- Its value is measured in ounce. One ounce of copper applied on the board after that thickness is measured that is almost 1.37 mils.
PCB Trace Thickness
- The PCB constructer also finds the PCB traces thickness relies on projects demands. Current moves in the PCB board traces get high value of heat and board damaged. So trace thickness value must be enough that can bear the circuit heat.
FR4 Standard PCB Thickness
- Full form of FR is fire retardant so it means used for retardant substrate of PCB. These PCB board can easily created with less cost and considered as mostly used and common board in industry.
- The Standard thickness for FR4 type of PCB is three to ten inches on the basis of projects. This board offered the different value of thickness on basis of applications and users demand.
- Thickness of Fr4 also relies on the numbers of layers.
Two Layer Board Thickness
- Multilayer board is applying in different projects because has ability ot dissipate the heat with large value of operating capacity.
- Therefor it is compulsory to take measure about the thickness of double layer board.
- As there is multilayer so standard thickness changes in case of other values of layers.
- For example upper solder mask has value of 0.01 millimeter thickness and upper layers has 0.035 millimeter. Similar value of thickness for lower solder mask and layer but core thickness is 1.5 millimeter.
Four Layer PCB Standard Thickness
- Currently 4 layer board is commonly using. Value of standard thickness for these board is 0.125 inches.
- Upper and lower layers created through use of single sheet having value of 1080 and two sheet of 2116 copper.
Some Factors for Standard PCB Thickness
- 2 main factors effect the thickness of PCB board.
Design of Board
- Design of board has very vital impact on the thickness of board. That control the weight, flexible nature and board size.
- With that layers quantity material of board thickness of copper helps to define the board thickness.
- While the working function types of signal and vias also has impacts.
- PCB manufactures also has influence on the thickness on the board. Good manufactures such as PCBWAY helps their users to make good board with high level of thickness needed for their projects and demands
- PCBWAY uses high professional engineers and machines to make the PCB board according to their users demands and requirements.
- It is manufacturing technique that also has impact on the thickness of board.
- According to PCB thickness PCB manufacturer select the depanelization technique. For instance thick board depanelized through use of V scoring and thin boards gets depanelized through sue of breakaway tabs.
Tips to Choose Good PCB Thickness
- There are some facts keep in mind before selecting the accurate PCB thickness.
- Firstly weight of board is take in consideration thin board break down but in some applications thin board is used.
- Second fact is flexible nature of board thick board is rigid and on basis of application rigid and flexible board is used.
- For larger applications thick board is prefeed that helps to dissipate heat.
- Components used in the projects also helps to make thick board and thin board used for less connection.
That is all about the Standard PCB Thickness and all parameters has been explained if you have any further query ask in comments. Thanks for reading have a nice day see you in next post.
Special offer: $2 for 1-8 layer PCBs
Free SMT Assembly Monthly
New arrival for Aluminum boards, only $2