Hello readers welcome to new post. Here we will discuss What is SMD Stencil. SMD Stencil is considered as the main component of creation of SMT circuit boards. SMD stencils are created through use of laser technology that offered the high level of accuracy to the processing quality.
For creation of best quality of SMD stencil there is PCBWAY offered the services for this features and for getting this services from PCB there is need of accuracy for cutting and optimal register accuracy. In this post we will cover the all details about the SMD stencil and its related parameters. So let get started
Introduction to PCB Stencil
- The basic advantage and work of SMT stencil is that to attach the solder paste to the bottom of circuit board.
- There is stainless steel foil is used to make the opening point at the each surface mount component attached at the board.
- When the stencil is applied on the board solder paste is positioned at the holes.
- When foil applied in previous step is removed from the board solder paste stay there and SMD is applied.
- This technique is saving the time that used for soldering through hands.
- Now there is option available at the PCBWAY to get the stencil feature with the PCB manufacturing.
- The process is simple just place your order select the different category of stencils and their dimensions.
- Need to order a stencil instead of boards previously produced by PCBWAY? No problem! Just access the board order with your account order history at any time, and order a stencil through from your history.
What is Laser Stencil
- For assembly of different elements on the PCB boards during its manufacturing there is laser stencil is employed.
- Normally there category of stencils are used first one is electroforming second one is chemical etching and third one is laser cutting.
- Laser stencil is generally a thin sheet created through stainless steel and has high level of accuracy then other 2 types of stencils.
- There is different technique for creation of SMD component the laser stencil is useful for application of solder paste to required position.
- The laser machine cut the stencil in the circuit configuration that are according to the points where elements are located.
- When the stencil is applied on the board solder paste is work on the board in shape of pads.
PROTOTYPE SMT STENCILS
- This type of SMT stencils used for manually printing solder paste on the PCB boards.
- This stencils reduces the hectic soldering process through hands.
- It also helps to decreases the PCB protyping assembly timing.
- It can be get in form of flaps and with flaps
STAINLESS STEEL SMT STENCIL
- Stainless steel stencils created by the PCBWAY is designed for fulfilling the users demands and offered the SMT services at less costs.
Category of Stencil
- Stencil is belongs to the type of bare stainless steel sheet. It can be get in the shape of frame and absence of frame.
- The framework is automated stencil instruments. Non framework is applied for hand solder function.
- Generally framework is heavy weight and larger than the non-framework.
- Therefore the framework is costly to send and may be charged for high weight.
- Electropolishing is also called electrochemical debarring will eliminate the small size burrs, enhance the surface quality and offered smooth inner position to get the paste elimination.
- Features offered by the PCBWAY are discussed here
|Half lasered, lasered through
That is all about the What is SMD Stencil. I have explained all parameters about the stencils. If you have any further query ask in comments. Thanks for reading have a nice day see you in new tutorial.