Hi, readers welcome to the new post. In this post, we will learn What is LM7812 IC.LM7812 belongs to the LM78XX that is normally used in a different category of projects and electronic devices. Its output volts are twelve volts of constant value and input given at these modules has a value of 14.5 to twenty-seven volts dc.
It is also known as a fixed output volts provider Integrated circuit. Here we have an overview of its working, application, and other parameters. So let get started.
Introduction to LM7812 IC
- LM7812 is an accurate power transistor with synchronous rectification features as well as a wide frequency response. The maximum output voltage of LM7812 IC is around 12V DC with a minimum input voltage range of 0.25V to 3V.
- The LM7812 IC is considered to be a next-generation supply, where it provides the opportunity to improve the efficiency of the traditional single-phase supply while meeting the demands of the multi-phase or alternating current power system.
- The LM7812 IC can be a better choice for battery voltage monitoring applications. The LM7812 IC has a set of connectors and pins which makes it easy to connect with different circuit boards as well as circuits on a specific board.
- It offers different values of frequency response to rectify the voltages.
- There are three main pinouts it has are listed here.
- IN: Here input of positive polarity is provided.
- Out: From this pinout, output is taken.
- GND: Here ground is linked.
LM7812 IC Basics
- An LM7812 microcontroller (IC) is an 8-bit microcontroller designed to control an LED. There are 6 banks of 6+1 control logic, which makes it quite simple to program and use.
Applications of LM7812 IC
- LM7812 IC is a complete voltage regulator. It has many uses. For instance, it is used in electronic communications, motors, LEDs, flashlights, load switches, DC fans and many others.
- LM7812 ICs are widely used in the larger rating motor and electrical power supply industry. They are used as an independent voltage regulator of high supply voltage of electric motors. In addition, they are used in the AC motor controllers.
- LM7812 ICs are used in electronic security and fire alarms. In these applications, the LM7812 IC is used as an independent voltage regulator of high supply voltage to control the current flow and adjust the light intensity.
- It is employed as a voltage converter in different applications It is a fully coupled bridge rectifier IC with four pairs of input & output terminals.
- The conclusion about LM7812 IC, the device is a low cost teneral OLED driver IC with flexible output voltage regulation.
- With a minimum main internal bus of 7-bit, low supply impedance and a optimized PWM structure with output over current carrying capabilities, the LM7812 IC is a suitable OLED driver IC for power handling
- It is very suitable for a wide range of OLED applications such as: LED driving lamps Touch panels LCD backlights Display driver RFID tags Radio-frequency identification devices (RFID tags) Home appliances (HID) LED blinkers Sensing of vibration And different modules. As you have seen, LM7812 IC’s are suitable for several different applications, and all of them require different type of drivers IC.