Hi, readers welcome to the new post. In this post, we will learn What is LM7812 IC.LM7812 belongs to the LM78XX which is normally used in different categories of projects and electronic devices. Its output volts are twelve volts of constant value and input given at these modules has a value of 14.5 to twenty-seven volts dc.
It is also known as a fixed output volts provider Integrated circuit. Here we have an overview of its working, application, and other parameters. So let get started.
Introduction to LM7812 IC
- LM7812 is an accurate power transistor with synchronous rectification features as well as a wide frequency response. The maximum output voltage of LM7812 IC is around 12V DC with a minimum input voltage range of 0.25V to 3V.
- The LM7812 IC is considered to be a next-generation supply, where it provides the opportunity to improve the efficiency of the traditional single-phase supply while meeting the demands of the multi-phase or alternating current power system.
- The LM7812 IC can be a better choice for battery voltage monitoring applications. The LM7812 IC has a set of connectors and pins which makes it easy to connect with different circuit boards as well as circuits on a specific board.
- It offers different values of frequency response to rectify the voltages.
- There are three main pinouts it has are listed here.
- IN: Here input of positive polarity is provided.
- Out: From this pinout, output is taken.
- GND: Here ground is linked.
- The main features of LM7812 are explained here with detailed.
- Its low standby current value is eight ampers
- Its extreme input supply volts value is thirty-five volts dc
- Output volts are twelve volts
- It employed in different electronic circuits and projects
- It is a less expensive device
- If get overheats then stop the operation
- The value of its output current is 1.5A
- Comes in TO-220 packaging
LM7812 IC Basics
- An LM7812 microcontroller (IC) is an 8-bit microcontroller designed to control an LED. There are 6 banks of 6+1 control logic, which makes it quite simple to program and use.
What is the input voltage of LM7812?
- LM7812 is group IC has a fixed output of 12 VDC with an input voltage of 14.5 to 27VDC
Applications of LM7812 IC
- LM7812 IC is a complete voltage regulator. It has many uses. For instance, it is used in electronic communications, motors, LEDs, flashlights, load switches, DC fans and many others.
- LM7812 ICs are widely used in the larger rating motor and electrical power supply industry. They are used as an independent voltage regulator of high supply voltage of electric motors. In addition, they are used in the AC motor controllers.
- LM7812 ICs are used in electronic security and fire alarms. In these applications, the LM7812 IC is used as an independent voltage regulator of high supply voltage to control the current flow and adjust the light intensity.
- It is employed as a voltage converter in different applications It is a fully coupled bridge rectifier IC with four pairs of input & output terminals.
LM7812 12V DC Power Supply Circuit
- Here 12V DC power supply through a 7812 Voltage regulator is created. Main components of his project is listed here
- INput supply 14 to 35V
- Heat Sink
- Output terminals
2V DC power supply circuit using 7812 IC.
LM7812 Internal Block Diagram
- It used for dual power supplies
- Mobile phone chargers
- Children toys circuits
- Used in distribution circuits
- Current limiter circuits has this component
What is the purpose of LM7812?
- LM7812 is a linear voltage regulator that produces 12 volts. This voltage regulator has a simple structure so easily used and no need additional circuits or any device to operate
What is the maximum input current for LM7812?
- This fixed voltage regulator can provide 12 volts and 1amper curent with an input voltage range of 14 to 35 volts
Can LM317 increase the voltage?
- The output voltage of 7812 regulators can be varied from 1.25 to 35 volts.
- The conclusion about LM7812 IC, the device is a low-cost general OLED driver IC with flexible output voltage regulation.
- With a minimum main internal bus of 7-bit, low supply impedance and an optimized PWM structure with output over current carrying capabilities, the LM7812 IC is a suitable OLED driver IC for power handling
- It is very suitable for a wide range of OLED applications such as: LED driving lamps Touch panels LCD backlights Display driver RFID tags Radio-frequency identification devices (RFID tags) Home appliances (HID) LED blinkers Sensing of vibration And different modules. As you have seen, LM7812 IC’s are suitable for several different applications, and all of them require different types of drivers IC.
Special offer: $2 for 1-8 layer PCBs
Free SMT Assembly Monthly
New arrival for Aluminum boards, only $2