Hi readers welcome to the new post. in this post, we will discuss Harmonic Problem. There is different types of loads are connected in industries and at the domestic level that is connected to the current, not pure sine waveform. For instance, in engines, there is use of frequency regulation that needed transformation of AC to dc and again from dc to ac. Generally, the power source is AC that needed increment in the usage of electronic power converters like inverters and rectifiers to do dc to ac and ac to dc conversion.
Here we cover basics related to harmonics and their related factors. So let’s get started with What is Harmonic Problems.
What is Harmonic Problems
- Power electronic elements and circuitry has such variable and behavior and fruitful which instruments regulated through can create fifty to sixty percent load existing at power networks.
- in results, the operation of such power electronics circuitry affect the net working of power system which are linked
- The main issue related to power electronics is harmonics caused due to voltage and current produced in the power system through switching transients in power electronics regulators.
- These harmonics rise the net current passing in the system
- The additional current results to increases in power losses and rises the heating in power system elements getting larger elements to given to the load.
- With that large neutral current can cause to trip the protective relays and down the power system.
- For instance, let us suppose that a balanced 3 phase motor having Y connection which caused to draw ten amperes in case of net load
- If this motor is linked with the power network the current passing through every phase will have the same magnitude and one twenty-degree out of phase and the return current in neutral wire is zero.
- Now assume that this motor is given power through the rectifier inverters which generates pulses of current. The current in the power line can be seen in the below figure.
- See that rms current of every line is zero amperes. but there is fifteen ampere current of rms value is passing in the neutral.
- The current in the neutral comprises of harmonics elements.
- The configuration of current passing in 3 phase wires and neutral can see here.
- To link the motor with the line there is just fundamental frequency present in the phases and there is nothing exit in the neutral
- To motor link to the power controllers, the current in the phases comprises of both fundamental frequency and harmonics.
- The current in the neutral comprises 3rf 9th and 15th harmonics.
- As power electronics circuitry is of the big size of the net load at the current power system so the large harmonic component results in the loss of a large amount of power.
- For control of power loss, there is controllers are created.
that is detailed about harmonics problems I have covered each and every parameter related to this post still have any problem mention in below comments box. Thanks for reading have a nice day.