Hell friends welcome to new tutorial. Here we will learn FTDI USB. It is a semiconductor module that is a Scottish company product that has a specialty in USB devices. The full form of FDTI is future technology devices international. THat Scottish company design makes and supports components that are used to the conversion of TTL signal to USB supported signals.
This company also supported the ASIC design features and helps customers to design based products. In this post we will discuss FTDI USB features working and some other parameters. So let get started.
What is FTDI USB
- This module is used for STTL conversion that permits the easiest way to link TTLsupported modules to USB.
- Its pinouts of inputs and outputs are designed to operate on five volts
- This module is assembled over the FT232RQ that is positioned in the USB connector points
- Its main pinout that performs different functions are RTS, RX, TX, 5V, CTS, GND
- It is supported to the different Arduino boards such as Pro, Pro Mini, and lilypad
- As a comparison to FDTI cable there is LED exist on the FDTI board and need a mini B wire
- Due to its large size, FDTI can not be easily used in the projects
- In the FDTI basic there is the use of DTR for resetting the hardware and FDTI cable uses RTS signal for that purpose
FDTI USB Features
- The main features of this module are described here
- It consists of clock so no need of exterior crystal
- It comes with the TX led signals
- It also has one twenty eight-byte receiver buffer and two fifty-six byte transmitter buffer
- Its data transmission rate is three hundred baud to three mega baud
- It is a mini USB connector
- It works on the volts value of five volts
FDTI USB Pinouts
- It comes with six pinouts their functions are listed here
- GND: It is used to link to ground
- CTS it is clear to send pinout
- VCC: Input is linked here
- TX: serial data transmission through this pinout
- RX: Serial data receiving done through this pin
- DTR: Output get through this pinout
Applications of FDTI USB
- Its main applications are listed here
- It used for serial communication with the Raspberry pi
- GPS configured used this module for serial communication
- Smart card reader used it
- Different types of microcontrollers used this such as AVR.
That is all about the FDTI USB. If you have any other query ask in the comments. Thanks for reading have a good day see you in next post.