Hello friends I hope you all are having fun in your life. in this post, we will have a detailed look at Introduction to Reluctance Motor. there are many types of motor commonly used in industries. Reluctance is a type of single-phase motor that is more advanced than other motors and similar configuration to other motors such as stator and rotor configuration. The operation of these motor is that they operate with an accurate value of RPM or rotating magnetic field having to synchronize speed of rotation to the RMF of stator.
The power providing these motors is high than other categories of motors having similar costs. in this post, we will discuss working, applications, and some related parameters. So let’s get started with Introduction to Reluctance Motor.
Introduction to Reluctance Motor
- The reluctance motor is a type of motor that relies at the reluctance torque for its function. The reluctance torque is a type of torque induced in the iron-type device in the existence of an exterior field.
- The torque exists since the exterior field generates an inner field in the iron-made device and torque looks among the 2 fields moving the device about to make alignment with the exterior field.
- For reluctance torque to generated in a device. It should be stretched about the axes at angles related to the angle among the contingent poles of the outer field.
- The basic structure of 2 poles reluctance motor can be seen here.
- Here can be seen that the torque given to the rotor of this motor has direct relation to the sin2δ and δ here δ is the electrical angle among the stator and rotor field.
- So the reluctance torque of a motor is extreme when the angle among the rotor and stator has a magnetic field at forty-five degrees.
- The basic reluctance motor of the types shown in the above figure is a synchronous motor because the rotor is locked in the stator field with the pullout torque of motor is nor enlarged.
- Like a normal synchronous motor, it has no starting torque and will not start by itself.
- Similar to the synchronous motor this motor does not generate starting torue and will not operate by itself.
- The self-starting reluctance motor which will run at synchronous speed till its extreme reluctance torque is larger can be created through modification of rotor of an induction motor can seen here.
- In this above diagram, the rotor has salient poles for steady-state functioning on reluctance motor and with the cage rotor amortisseur windings for starting purpose.
- The stator of this motor can be of single or three-phase configuration.
- The torque-speed characteristic of this motor that is called synchronous induction motor can see here.
- The main changing in the reluctance moor is Syncrospeed motor that is created.
- The rotor of this motor is shown here.
- It used flux guides to rises the coupling among consignment poles faces and so to rises the extreme reluctance torque of the motor.
- Through this guidance of flux, the extreme reluctance torque rises to almost one fifty % of rated torque according to the only one hundred percent of rated torque of normal reluctance motor.
Reluctance Motor Construction
- The parts of the construction are shown below. For the creation of this motor there is design is created through elimination teeth-like configuration for the creation of 4 poles.
- There is a short circuit configured at 2 endpoints. When there is alignment among the stator and single-phase power the motor operates similar to single-phase induction motor.
- When the speed of rotation of the motor is larger than the synchronous speed then centrifugal switch will automatically do separation from auxiliarly winding.
- the motor rises the speed similar to single phase motor through the main winding procedure.
Reluctance Motor Applications
- That are the main applications of the reluctance motor.
- It used in automatic regulator circuits.
- Recording instruments used in this module.
- It used in clocks.
- Gramophones used this device.
- It employed in electric vehicles.
- Different machines such as drill press used it.
- Control devices used this module.
That is a detailed post about reluctance motor if you have any further query ask in the comments. Thanks for reading have a nice day