Hello, friends welcome to the new post. In this post, we discuss Transformer Ratings and Rating Problems. There are 4 types of rating terms used for transformer first one is frequency second one is voltage third one is voltage and the fourth one of apparent power.
Here we discuss about the details of all these ratings and their different parameters. So let’s get started with Transformer Ratings and Rating Problems
Transformer Voltage and Frequency Ratings
- There are 2 main functions are performed by the transformer First one is to save the insulation wound at the coil to damage in case of overvoltage.
- This fault is not created any serious problem in the transformer The other function discusses the magnetization curvature and value of magnetization current existing at the transformer.
- In the below diagram, we can the magnetization graphical representation of the transformer.
- In the case of steady-state voltage we heave.
- If the voltage provided to the transformer rises through ten percent the consent extreme flux in the core also rises through ten percent.
- Over the special location magnetization, curvature over the ten % rise in flux needed a rise in magnetization current greater than ten percent.
- This idea is seen here
- With the voltage increment, the large magnetization current goes to uncertain conditions.
- The extreme voltage can be adjusted through the extreme getable magnetization current in the transformer core.
- In the case of constant value of flux voltage and frequency has inverse relation.
Φmax = Vmax/wNp
- So if the sixty Herz frequency used transformer is operating at a fifty-hertz frequency and voltage given to this device also decreased through 1/6 to the extreme flux value will be large.
- This category of voltage given with the frequency is known as derating.
- Like fifty-hertz frequency operated transformer functions at the twenty % larger voltage then the sixty-hertz frequency
What is Transformer Apparent Power Rating
- The main idea to discuss the apparent power rating is as compared to the voltage rating it helps to adjust the current movement in transformer coils.
- The current is significant since it regulates the I^R losses of the device that in a result regulates the transformer winding heating..
- It is the heating which is very serious to understand because overheat process in the windings decrease the working duration of insulating materials wounded at the transformer.
- The real volt amper rating for the transformer can be large than the one parameter.
- In a transformer, there can be VA rating for transformer and other large rating caused the colling process
- The main operation about the power rating is that hot spot temperature in a transformer in the transformer coils should be restricted to save the operation duration of the instrument
- Due to some uncertain cause, there is a decrement in the voltage of transformer in result the VA rating of the transformer will be decreased in proportionate.
- If it not good then the current in transformer winding will rise the extreme value and results in high heat generation.
Current Inrush of transformer
- The issue that corresponds to the voltage in a transformer is the issue of current caused at inrush of the initial condition.
- Assume that voltage
- This voltage is given at the time of transformer is linked to the supply.
- The extreme flux value exists for ist 1/2 cycle of the given voltage relies at the phase of voltage at instant voltage is provided
- If the first level of voltage is given here.
- If the starting flux becomes 0 in the transformer core then extreme fluc in the ist cycle is like to the extreme flux for steady-state
Φmax = Vmax/wNp
- This is a steady-state value of flux therefore it results not a certain category of issue. In certain case, if the voltage is given is.
- It is the extreme value of flux as large as the general steady condition of flux.
- if the magnetization curvature in the below diagram is understood.
- It can observe that two-time extreme flux in the cores causes in high magnetization current.
- In real for a portion of signal, the transformer appears similar to the short circuitry and high current passes.
- In case of any certain category of the phase angle of the given voltage among the ninety degrees that is zero error and zero degrees that is the very bad state here very less current flows.
- The given phase angle of voltage is not generally regulated at the initial point. There can be a high inrush current in the numerous cycles when a signal is given to the transformer..
- The devcie and power system that are linked is capable to bear these current values