Hello, friends welcome to another interesting post. In this post, we will have a detailed look at Metal Core PCB By PCBWAY. PCB is a very commonly used circuit board that stands for the printed circuit board. Almost each and every electronic device and electronic project comprises of PCB board. There are numerous types of PCB board are available in the market according to different uses and features such as flex PCB, Rigid PCB, single layer PCB, double layer PCB, etc.
In this post, I am going to discuss the type of PCB that is a metal core PCB. It is full form of MCPCB and constructed with the thermal layer that is insulated metal plate and metal copper foil. There are numerous manufacturers that are creating this category of PCB in this world but the most common and very reliable PCB supplier that provides this PCB with good quality and reason price is PCBWAY. It also provides services of PCBA and PCB prototyping at a single place. So let’s get started with Metal Core PCB by PCBWAY.
Metal Core PCB by PCBWAY
- The metal core PCB is a category of printed circuit board that uses metallic based substances in place of woven glass FR4, FR3, and some other related materials.
- This PCB comes in different types of layers such as a single layer, double layer, multiple layers, and COB (Chip on board).
- The metallic material used in this board is aluminum since it provides better transferring of heat, high power dissipation, and available in less price.
- The component of single layer metal core PCB is aluminum or copper alloy ar base with that dielectric material layer and copper conductor layer.
- It commonly used in surface mounted and chip used devices.
- The thermal resistance offered by this PCB is less than the FR4 PCB boards. The core of a metallic substance offers the larger areas that eh ceramic substance at less cost.
- The metal core is the best replacement of FR4 and CEM3 PCB board due to high power dissipation capability.
- This feature can be get with the use of a dielectric layer that is thermally conductive.
- The dielectric substance created with the prepreg offers the goog heat transferring from the foil component lined to the base with that it maintain the good electric separation.
Features of Metal Core PCB
- The common features offered by the metal core are described here.
- It provides good treatment of thermal diffusion in the design of PCB circuitry.
- It minimizes the operating temperature of board increases the power reliability that increases the operating time of the device in which it used.
- It has a small size footprint uses less hardware and also has less manufacturing price.
- To provide good mechanical durability in place of the fragile ceramic substance it used.
Aluminum PCB Board
- Aluminum PCBs is a type of PCB board that comprises of a less size layer of conductive dielectric substance. Which also called aluminum clad, aluminum base, MCPCB.
- The first time this category of PCB board was created in the year 1970 after that it was starting to use in numerous applications.
- The first project created with the use of this board was the application of hybrid integrated circuitry.
- Recently it preferred in large scale application due to its features and capabilities that are not provided in other PCBs.
Aluminum PCB Construction
- bare aluminum PCB structure based on CCLs that is category if base material used for PCB board. ALumimum board structure is like to the FR4 PCB board.
- The basic dimensions of Aluminum PCB comprise of 4 layers. That is the copper foil layer, the dielectric layer, aluminum base layer, and the membrane of the aluminum base.
- A dielectric layer is a layer that is a thermally conductive layer and has a thickness of fifty micrometers to two hundred micrometers. It provides less value of thermal resistance.
- The copper foil layer is a layer of copper that is comparatively dense than the CCLS. Its larger thickness causes to flow of a large current.
- The aluminum base is created with the aluminum substrate and has a large value of thermal conductivity.
- The fourth layer that is the aluminum membrane layer is optional. It provides protection by saving the aluminum surface from scraping and an undesired etching process. There are 2 categories of this layer firs is less than one twenty degrees and the second is about two-fifty degrees.
Application of Metal COre PCB
- The common application of metal core PCB is described here.
- It used in light-emitting diode lightings.
- It used in different types of power device such as converters solid-state relays, rectifiers circuit that includes a half-wave rectifier and full-wave rectifier.
- It also used in power supplies circuits such as switching regulator dc to ac converters.
- It also used in different types of amplifiers such as output amplifier, input amplifier, power amplifier, preamplifier.
- different parts of the computer such as CPU, floppy disk drive have sued this board.
- It used in electronic regulators, ignition systems, and power controllers of automobiles.
Metalcore PCB by PCBWAY
- The features offered by the metal core of PCBWAY are described here in the below figure.
That is a detailed post about metal core PCB if you have any further queries ask in the comments. Thanks for reading have a nice day.