Hi, readers welcome to our new post. In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at Introduction to STM8 Microcontroller. The STM8 is a member of a group of microcontrollers that is STMicroelectronics and it is an eight-bit controller. This controller is a modern category of ST7 controllers and its structure is based on the ST7 controller structure. This module is generally less expensive than other types of controllers.
The inner structure of this board is based on the Harvard Architecture comprises of twenty-four-bit address space. In today’s post we will have a detailed look at its working, operation, pinouts, and some other related terms. So let’s get started with Introduction to STM8 Microcontroller.
Introduction to STM8 Microcontroller
- The STM8 controller is an eight-bit MCU which belongs to the family of controller that is STMicroelectronics. This controller is very commonly known due to its thirty-two bits ARM Cortex controllers.
- It vigorous and provides different types of features that exist in different controllers. Like ARM core, thirty-two-bit structure, high speed, etc.
- This controller is also like to the STM32 controller and also has similarities to the most commonly used controller family PIC and AVR.
- Either it has some similar feature to the PIC and AVR but it commonly used in SMD casings.
- There are very less boards of this controllers in the form of dual inline packaging exist. Due to this cause, small manufacturers do not use this board and prefferd the other eight-bit controllers.
- Some engineers do a trial of their projects on breadboards and than create original projects. For that purpose, STM8 provides such a board over which these test projects can be done.
Features of STM8 Microcontroller
- These are some important features of this board.
- This board comprises of eight-bit Cortex M core.
- The frequency over which it operates is sixteen megahertz.
- It has a flash memory of eight-kilo byre and static random access memory of one-kilo byte.
- Ten bit analog to digital converter is created on this board.
- there are three timers used in this controller one is eight-bit and two are of sixteen-bit.
- The range of functioning voltage is 4.5 volts to fifteen volts DC.
- It physical dimension are of 28mm x 17mm x 5mm.
- this board also has less power consuming crystal oscillator.
- There is an outer clock that exists on this controller.
- There is an inner sixteen megahertz RC is used on this board.
- the managing of power done at this board automatically.
- This board has a UART communication protocol.
- There is also SPI interfacing is existed at this board in the range of eight megabits per second.
- There is an I2C communication protocol is used at this board in the range of four hundred kilobits per second.
- There are thirty-two pinouts at this board out of them twenty eight are used for inputs and output purposes.
STM8 Microcontroller Block Diagram
- The block diagram of this board is shown in the below figure.
STM8 Microcontroller Pinout
So friends that is detailed post about STM8 Microcontroller. I hope you enjoyed this post. I tried my level best to make this post simple and easy for you and write each and every parameter related to this board. If you have any further query ask in comments. Thanks for reading. Have a good day. See you in the next post.