Hello readers I hope you all are enjoying your life. In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at Introduction to STM32F407. It is a high-performance ARM cortex-M4 thirty-two bit controller it is based on RISC architecture and works at one sixty eight megahertz frequency. The Cortex-M4 core of this module provides unique and accurate FPU or floating-point units that incorporates with all types of ARM data commands.
The complete set of DSP can be executed by this module and its memory protection unit or MPU provides a secure environment for different types of instructions executed by this device. In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at its working, pinout, applications, and features. So let’s get started with Introduction to STM32F407.
Introduction to STM32F407
- The STM32F407 belongs to the family of microcontrollers and has a core of ARM cortex-M4 which is based on the RISC (Reduced-instruction-set Computing) structure.
- This module comprises of large operating speed embedded memory units such as flash memory having a storage capacity of one megabyte, static random access memory of one ninety kilobytes, with that has four-kilo bytes Static ram as back up memory unit.
- There are numerous inputs and outputs pinouts and many external devices can be attached with this module through the APB bus, with the use of 3 AHB bus and thirty two-bit multi AHB bus matrix.
- It also comes with 3 twelve but analog to digital converters, 2 digital to analog converter, less power consuming RTC module also installed on this device.
- There is 12 GP sixteen bits timer comprises with the 2 pulse width modulation timers which can be used the speed regulation of the motor, also has 2 GP thirty-two bit timers.
Features of STM32F407
- These are some important features of STM32F407.
- It comprises of thirty two-bit central processing unit having a core of Cortex M4.
- It has a flash memory of one megabytes.
- It contains one ninety-two kilobytes static ram with the sixty-four-kilo byte core coupled memory.
- There are some additional memories units exits in it which are compact flash, NAND, NOR, SRAM.
- There is a voltage range of operating volts is 1.8 to 3.6 volts.
- Crystal oscillator having frequency four to twenty-six megahertz is used in it.
- It uses a thirty two-kilo hertz oscillator to calibrate the RTC module.
- It has an inner thirty-two-kilo hertz calibrated RC module.
- It can be operated in three modes, stand, sleep, and standby.
- There are two digital to analog converter of twelve bits it has.
- It comprises of seventeen timers out of them 12 are sixteen-bit and 2 thirty-two bits timer having a frequency range of one sixty megahertz, every timer comprises of four PWM.
- There are one forty input and output pinouts this module has.
- There are fifteen types of communication protocol can be interfaced with this module.
- Communication protocol comprises of three I2C interfacings.
- Four USART, two UART three SPI, and two CAN interfacing can be done through this module.
- These are some important applications of STM32F407 which are described here with the details.
- It used in different types of control applications such as motor control.
- It also used in medical instruments.
- Different types of industrial submissions such as in PLC controller used this module
- It printing and scanning machines this device is used.
- Heat ventilation AC system, security systems, also used this device.
- In different types of devices used in homes comprises of this module.
So friends that is a detailed post about STM32F407 if you have any further query ask in comments. thanks for reading. have a good day.