Hello, readers welcome to the new post. Today we will discuss Introduction to PET-Flexible PCB. Currently, flexible PCBs developing fastly since it was being used in different projects and industries. With the advancement of new flexible PCB techniques for manufacturing enhances its benefits for industries such as lightweight, flexible nature thin structure.
The main features of the board depending on the operation and performance of the substrate material. So it is compulsory to enhance the features of substrate materials to get the well technical features and services of boards this is also implemented for flexible PCBs. In today’s post will cover the PET for flexible PCB and also comes to know how we can get this service from the best PCB supplier PCBWAY.
Introduction to PET-Flexible PCB
- PET is known as polyester or polyethylene terephthalate. Its feature is that comes with flexible nature and is transformed into other structures. Due to its flexible nature, it is used for the creation of flexible PCBs.
- With its flexible nature, it also has resistance to moisture and has a high value of chemical resistance
- its thickness is about twenty to one twenty-five microns that indicate its small size and lightweight nature
- This material has light weight so used for flexible boards.
- Its glass transition temperature is about eighty degrees and its melting point is about two fifty centigrade
- In the circuit where soldering is used lower heat resistance feature of PET is used
- It is used for conditions where high-temperature resistance is not needed polyester film is also the finest option for flexible boards
- The moisture absorption and ability and structure stability are good than PI.
- The colorless and transparent feature of PET does not exist in PI.
- If the temperature is about sixty to eighty degrees mechanical features of PET reduces
- The main motive of PET is to be employed at room temperature and not easy for the polyester film to get the UL spontaneous combustion rating.
- PET is normally used as base film giving significant importance to flexible circuits.
Difference between PET and FPC
- PET is a type of polymer that is used for FPCs. PET has less value of thermal expansion and also has transparent nature. This feature helps to use for solar panels and displays. While FPCs are high-performance display screens used for indoor applications
- FPC or flexible PCB is a less expensive board that reduces transportation spaces. If larger components of projects are positioned on the board larger areas used and its flexible nature make this process easy
- FPC are a combination of integrated circuits and thin film traces. These components are used for the creation of flexible PCBs.A flexible PCB circuit card holds the ICs.
- FPC are thin plastic sheets that are used for different circuits. Common applications are solar panels, electric cars, and aircraft.
Prices Effect of FPC and PET
- Polyimide circuits have an important effect on prices compared to PET circuits. Its main reason is that for polyimide circuits there is copper used for conduction. As the use of copper is increasing and the cost of raw materials increases so this trend is continue.
- The basic price difference between FPC and PET is surface area which means if less surface area the prices are low.
Trace Width Advantage
- The use of polyimide circuits provided a good trace width. It indicates we can connect more components to smaller areas.
- It also helps to reduce the number of layers and make a less complex structure with that accurate trace width also make fine tail exit point.
- The advantages of accurate traces are also used for accurate pitch connectors.
Characteristics of PET by PCBWAY
- PCBWAY is one of the best PCB suppliers that offered different types of PCB services and products with great quality and features at affordable prices.
- It is a Chinese PCB manufacturer and its services are very easy to reach all over the world.
- The main services provided by PCBWAY are PCB prototyping, PCB assembly, and small volume manufacturing all in one package.
Their other fine service is Quick tun, which means they provide small quantities of quick-turn PCBs, custom specifications, and standard PCBs.
- The main features that motivate me to use PCBWAY services are their high-quality products, timely delivery, and high PCB reliability.
- You can get PET flexible services from PCBWAY with great features and good quality. The main features of PCBWAY PET are discussed here
- You can get Halogen Free RoHS2.0 features in PET
- Good peel strength
- High-quality storage feature
- Light transmittance is larger than eighty-five percent
- These products can be used for the aviation industry
- Digital signal communication
- Home and electronic automation systems also employ this material
|Testing Material||Required condition||uNIT||Standard||CPET1E1/PA||Testing Technique|
|Solder heat resistance
|–||No delamination||No delamination
|Dimensional stability||MD||%||± 0.15||-0.06||IPC-TM-650-2 .2.4After tearing off the
|Dielectric loss factor
|—||S0 .04||S0.035||IPC-TM-650-2 .5.5.3
|<::106||2.4 X 107||IPC-TM-650-2.5 .17
|1.7 x 105||IPC-TM-650-2.5.17|
- Features for CPET are described here
- The dimension of the product is two fifty millimeter
- Release paper
- Adhesive layer 1mil
- Polyester film is one mil
- Some features of LPET are discussed here
- It is halogen-free RoHS 2.0
- it has a good peel strength
- Good stability for dimensions
- Light transmittance is greater than eighty-five percent
- Used for the aviation industry
- Used for communication-based on digital
- Home automation
- Automivive electronic
- Here point to be noticeable that PET has poor heat resistance in the above details temperature is instant so not use a soldering
Comparison between PET and PI
- PI adhesive polyamide and adhesiveness polyimide PI are also used as substrate materials for flexible PCB here are some comparison points made between these two materials
|(PET)||Adhesive Polymidewe||Adhesiveless Polymide|
|Flexible Nature (2mm radius)||Bad||Good||Best|
|Value of tear strength
Strip strength in the air
- The PET is a fewer prices process and also has less lead time.
- Polyester has the drawback that cannot pass through the soldering flow process. Also not work in high-temperature conditions
- While PI has features to easily bend and also operate in high temperature
- Pi is more expensive than PET.
- If you want to get PET from PCBWAY visit this link and place an order https://www.pcbway.com/flexible.aspx.
That is all about the PET-Flexible PCB all details has explained. Must get this feature of PCBWAY for your new projects. Thanks for reading have a nice day see you in next post.