Hello, students welcome to the new post. Here we will discuss Introduction to MJE2955T Transistor. The transistor is such as an electronic component that is very commonly used in different projects and devices. Its common applications are in switching and amplifier circuits. It has three pinouts emitter, base, and collector. The area of the collector is larger than other two and the emitter has less area the collector and base is thin area where PN junction lies. PN junction is a barrier that is crossed by the electrons and holes in the transistor to do the condition.
In this post, we will give an overview of the MJE2955T Transistor which is PNP transistor. It has two P and one N region. So let get started
Introduction to MJE2955T Transistor
- MJE2955T is a PNP power transistor and is considered a general-purpose electronic component.
- It comes with the epitaxial base process for its manufacturing and use if switching and amplifiers projects.
- It is employed in different projects such as high-power using projects.
- It used in amplifier projects since its frequency ranges are limited.
- It is used as a preamplifier in the case of amplifier circuits.
- As we know I is PNP configured so in case of forwarding biasing collector and emitter are closed circuits and base is connected to ground
- In the case of reverse biasing base is open and connect ot ground which make difference from the NPN
MJE2955T Transistor PInout
- There are three pins it has described here
- Emitter: Electrons transmitted from this part go to PN junction
- Base: It works as a tap and controls the volts of the device
- Collector: Electrons released by the emitter go to the collector
MJE2955T Transistor Features
- The main features of this transistor are described here
- It comes in lead free packaging to avoid hazards and environmental
- value of collector capacitance is 8.5 microfarad
- The operating temperature is minus five to plus one fifty
- Value ot Junction temperature is 175 centigrade
- Transition frequency is two megahertz
- The highest Collector dissipation is ninty watts
- The value of collector dissipation is seventy watts
- IB is six ampers
- VBEis five volts
- IC is ten ampers
MJE2955T Transistor Applications
- Used in switches
- Used as signal amplifiers
- Used in switch-mode power supply
- Used in regulators
- Used in PWM circuits
That is all about the MJE2955T Transistor. All details has been explained if you have any further query ask in comment. Thanks for reading have a good day.