Hello, readers welcome to new post. Today we will discuss Introduction to HC-SR501 PIR Sensor. The full form of the PIR sensor is a passive infrared sensor. It is a less expensive sensor that is used to detect the existence of any person or animal near the located area. It comes in three pin structure for output which are VCC ground and output.
It has 3.3 volts TTL logic pin so can be configured with any Arduino raspberry and ARM or micro-controllers. In this post, we will discuss its working features and some other parameters. So let get started Introduction to HC-SR501 PIR Sensor
Introduction to HC-SR501 PIR Sensor
- HC-SR501 is an infrared operating module, it has automatic configuration and compatibility with the LHI778 design.
- It is a highly reliable module that operates on less voltages and is used in auto-sensing electrical devices such as battery-operating automatic controlled devices
- It is also called a pyroelectricity infrared sensor that is used for the conversion of an infrared ray signal released through humans or animals into an electric signal.
- It is a component that used in different ranges of automatic sensing electronic devices
HC-SR501 PIR Sensor Features
- To enter the sensing ranges of output the human being move away from the sensor operating range automatic delay off high and output get low
- Photosensitive control can be adjusted day or light intensity without the use of induction.
- It has temperature compensation features in summer when ambient temperature changes thirty to thirty-two degrees the detection distance is small, temperature compensation can work for performance compensation.
- It can be triggered in two modes that are repeatable trigger and nonrepeatable trigger.
- In non-repeatable trigger sensor output is high delay time passes the output is automatically varied from high to low level. the repeatable trigger has a high output delay period if human movement exists in the sensor range, the output will be high till left after the delay is high and the level will be low
- It can operate for four to twelve volts
- Its output voltage is high low 3.3V TTL
- It has easily differentiated the object movement and human being
- Its power consumption is sixty-five milliamperes
- The operating temperature is minus twenty to plus eight centigrade
PIR Sensor Pinout Configuration
- It has three pinout
- VCC is the input voltage pin plus five volts are provided at this module and has the ability to handle four to twelve volts
- High/Low Output Pin Digital pulse high for triggered and digital low zero volts when there is not a movement about the sensor
- GND here the ground is connected
HC-SR501 PIR Sensor
- This PIR sensor has the ability to operate from 4.5 to twenty volts normally five volts used. After getting the power it has the ability to get calibrated in some minutes about two minutes. After that output is measured in output input
- There are two modes of operation in this sensor repeatable H and non-repeatable L. Repeatable mode is the default mode
The repeatable mode is output pin Dout will be high if a person is passes through the range and it will be low after set time passes. In this mode output pin will be high irrespective of the person is existing outer side in the range. the sensitivity can be adjusted through the use of a sensitivity control potentiometer
Non- Repeatable(L) mode
- In this mode output pin, Dout is high if human beings exist in range and it will be high till he stays in range. When a person left that region pin will be low after a certain time which can be adjusted through a potentiometer. Sensitivity control potentiometer used for sensitivity
PIR Sensor Projects Simulation by PCBWAY
- If you create a circuit where a PIR sensor is needed to use to make proper circuit configuration. You must need an expert if you are new to electronics. So here is the best option to get the services of PCBWAY that not will provide helps to make circuit Creation but also provides the PCB boards according to the requirements of your projects in good costs and high quality. Their expert engineers after getting the details of your projects will design and create board structure with great accuracy and according to your demands. They are serving all over the world engineers and students and in electronic services and PCB-related features.
- There are the best PCB manufacturer for your prototyping requirements. Through the use of PCBWAY manufacturing features that is “Hardware Silicon Valley”, PCBWay.com is an active player in the field of PCB prototyping services for all makers in the world. They are famous for their quality services, high-speed delivery, and affordable prices. Their products reduce your prices and time. Their automatic online pricing software will help you to get an idea of the products that you have to get
- You can get from PCBWAY ESC-Rc 2 Layers 1.6 mm 30*39mm HASL lead free 1 oz Cu in just $39$26/50pcs
- Electronic siren 2 Layers 2 mm 70*30mm $0$0/5pcs
- Losless Current Motiring & Limiter 1 Layers 1.6 mm 72.5*55mm Immersion gold 1 oz Cu $428$285/600pc
- Temperature LED displays 2 Layers 1.6 mm 78*43mm HASL with lead 1 oz Cu $20$13/10pcs
- Single Channel Controller for Reptile Enclosures 2 Layers 1.6 mm 124*100mm HASL with lead 1 oz Cu $44$29/5pcs
- PCBWAY is best in all services so must visit them to get any type of electronic services or PCB board projects services from them their engineers will help you to get accurate design configuration and till completion of your projects you can get attached to them through their online features
Instruction for use of PIR Sensor
- The sensor module is power up after a minute this starting time span during this module will make output about zero to three times after that goes to standby mode
- Must avoid the lights and other sources of interference close direct to the module surface of the lens, to avoid the existence of interference signal malfunction conditions must avoid wind flow that will make interference in the sensor.
- The sensor module comes with a double probe, probe window is rectangle shape dual AB in two ends of the longitudinal direction.
- Therefore when human being move in either direction left to right or right to left through the infrared spectrum to get a dual time distance difference the larger difference and the sensor is more sensitive
- If the human body from front to probe or from upper to bottom or bottom to upper direction moves double detects variations in distance of less then infrared spectroscopy.
- The dual direction of the sensor must be installed in a parallel configuration as in line with human motion. In a result increasing the sensor angle range module using a circular lens also create probe surrounded induction
PIR Working Conditions
- Working volts for this module are 4.5 to 20 volts dc
- Quiescent current is fifty microamperes
- The high output level is 3.3 volts
- Board dimensions are
- 110 degrees sensor angle
- Its highest sensing distance is seven meter
PIR Sensor Applications
- It used in industries control system
- Used in security system
- Burglar alarms use this module
- Automatic street lights consist of this projects
That is all about the HC-SR501 PIR Sensor all details has explained. If you have any questions ask here. Further do not miss the
Visit PCBWay at Electronica 2022！
Special offer: $2 for 1-8 layer PCBs
Free SMT Assembly Monthly
New arrival for Aluminum boards, only $2