Hello, friends welcome to new post. In this post, we will cover the GSM Terrestrial Interfacing. the GSM is a worldwide mobile communication network that controls all activities and functions operating in the system. There many parts of this system that perform their operation according to given requirements and results.
In this post we will make an overview of the operation of this system in terrestrial interfacing and see how it works operates uses in this system. So let get started.
Introduction to GSM Terrestrial
- In the terrestrial interfacing of GSM, all elements links to GSM are covers excepting the Um and air interfacing that we cover later on.
- The main elements of this interfacing can be seen in the below diagram.
- the main phenomena used in this system is to fulfill the parameters offered by the ITU TSS that is accepted all over the universe.
- This system handles the signal and communication over the total network and regulates a large number of data transmissions.
- The transmission of info occurs for software downloading and sending the group of info and application of different functions and protocols.
- In this interfacing these main parts are covers.
- 2 Mbit/s
- Signalling System ITU-TS
What is 2 Mbit/s Trunk
- In below figure you can see the GSM network having two megabits per seconds protocol.
GSM X.25 Interfacing
- the below figure is discussing the X.25 configuration of GSM. Through this module, there is linking among the OMC and other parts of the system is done.
- This module generally these links used to make two megabits per second linking to certain points.
C7 GSM Interfacing
- The below figure explains the usage of C7 in the GSM network that make regulation signal and data for different components of the system and control the communication towards the PSTN and to it.
- For making interfacing to other networks there is different terms used in this system are explained here.
- To make a connection to PSTN there is MSC do the signal operation through the use of TUP.
- Among the MSC and BSC there BSS management system is used to make a link
- For making links to the DTAP there is MSC and MS used.
- To make link to the MSC and VLR there is MAP used
A-bis Interfacing Or LAPD
- As there is a certain category of signal and regulation of data on the two megabits per seconds network among the BSC and BTS there is a certain category of interfacing is needed.
- For this purpose, LAPD interfacing is used in the GSM. that called A Bis
- The GSM features not supported to the A bis interfacing. In other words, features supported to the single BTS not fulfill or compatible to the creator of BSC.
So friends that is a detailed post about GSM Terrestrial. If you have any further queries and facing issues ask in the below comments. Thanks for reading.