Hello, readers welcome to the new tutorial. Here we will have a detailed look at the Introduction to FR102 Diode. FR102 is a diode that is part of the FR10x series of didoes. Basically, the diode is a rectifier component that is used in projects for ac to dc conversion. Two types of rectifiers are used in electronic half-wave and full-wave rectifiers. It has two pins anode and a cathode.
Anode is the positive pin and the cathode is the negative pin. The structure of the diode is such that tip of a triangle with a line exists on top of the cathode. The current flow from the anode to the cathode. FR102 diode is similar to the one-way electric valve. In this post, we will discuss the working, features applications and some related parameters. So let’s get started.
Introduction to FR102 Diode
- FR102 is part of the diode FR10x series, The components of this series are FR103, FR104, FR105, FR106, and FR107.
- FR102 comes in DO-41 packaging with the one-ampere current. its main specifications are a high switching speed of about nanoseconds, and a high forward surge curent value.
- It provides less power loss, reliable in projects also has good efficiency.
- This diode is like other diodes but has different peak repetitive reverse voltage, dc blocking voltage and RMS reverse voltage.
- it can be replaced with a diode for a circuit having fifty volts supply. But for a circuit that has 100 volts supply, just FR101 can be replaced not any other.
- So before using a diode from the FR10x series must check the circuit voltage requirements and need then use,
- Must be a high value of Peak repetitive reserves voltage chosen than the load needed. Let’s assume that load needs 120 volts then not use FR102 for this project but use higher diodes from the FR10x series
Features of FR102
- The main features of the Fr102 diode are explained here
- The operating temperature of FR102 is -65 to +175°C
- Thermal resistance is 50 kilo/watt
- The highest value of reverse recovery time is one fifty to five hundred ns
- Non-repetitive maximum forward surge curent is thirty ampere
- The average rectified forward current is one amper
- The highest repetitive reverse volts is one hundred
- It is a fast rectife diode that used in rectifier circuits
- The packaging of the diode is DO-41
- Its weight is 0.33 grams
- Fast switching
- Low leakage
- Low forward voltage drop
- High reliability
- High current capability
- High surge capability
- The equivalent diode of Fr102 are listed here
- RP110, 1N5623, PR1007.
- 70HFLR100S05, HER108G, GL41M, 1U8, 1N5623.
FR102 Absolute Maximum Ratings
- Use this diode in temperature rating of -65°C to 150°C.
- It can handle 100 volts try to use it on eighty-volt
- load it can withstand is one amper try to put less load on it
- Try to use a diode less than twenty percent less than the absolute ratings
Where to Use FR102
- As FR102 is a fast recovery diode that is used in power supply, inverter, rectifier circuits
- It is used for low to high-voltage rectifiers
- Used in protection circuits
- Adapter circuits have this component
- Battery chargers use this diode
- Ac to dc converter uses this component
- It used in power supply circuits
- What is Diode
- Current Regulator Diode
- Zener Diode
- Step Recovery Diode
- PIN Diode
- Schottky Diode
- Varactor Diode
- Zener diode Applications
- Laser Diode
- 1N5401 Diode
- FR102 Diode
That is all about the FR102 all detail has discussed. If you have any questions ask here
Special offer: $2 for 1-8 layer PCBs
Free SMT Assembly Monthly
New arrival for Aluminum boards, only $2