Hello, friends welcome to the new post. In this post, we will have a detailed look at Introduction to Ceramic PCB. PCB board is the main part of any electronic device that generally we use in our daily life. Its construction and designing is the very important part that generally we have to focus on during its creation and usage. There are many types of PCB such as single layer PCB, Double Layer, multiple layers, rigid PCB, etc.
All these PCBs are used according to their design and features in different projects. There are many PCB suppliers offered these PCBs at different prices and specifications but there is one and only best PCB manufacturers and PCB supplier that provides all these PCBs at affordable prices and with high quality that is PCBWAY. It is china based PCB supplier that not only offered the PCB but also has features of creation according to users’ demands that come with different features. With the creation of PCB boards, they also help the students and engineers to make projects at these PCB boards with proper guidance and training that is useful for PCB to creates it at reasonable prices. To make different types of PCB boards they also have all facilities and equipment that are needed for the proper assembly of PCB. In this post, we will cover details about the ceramic PCB this board also offered by PCBWAY with good quality and according to users’ demand. So you must visit this supplier to get the board according to your demands and features with handsome prices. They will not disappoint you. SO let get started with Introduction to Ceramic PCB.
Introduction to Ceramic PCB
- Ceramic PCB is called ceramic since its substrate is created through the use of ceramic material and also used in special types of projects.
- Its structure is such that over which copper is pasted at the area created through the use of alumina that is substrate material and this process is done at a high value of temperature.
- Its substrate material offered the high value of insulation features with that high-value conductivity and the soldering process can be done at these boards very easily.
- The manufacturing process of ceramic PCB is done through the usage of laser rapid metalization technique.
- Its structure is very simple than other types of boards and offered a high-level operation than other boards.
- there is one micrometer to the one-millimeter thickness of the conductive substance used at the board.
- It offered less value of frequency losses.
- The copper layer of this board is free from oxides.
- Comes without the use of organic substances.
Comparison Between PCB and Ceramic PCB
- The main differences between PCB and ceramic PCB are listed here with the details.
- In the case of ceramic PCB, there is conductive layers are created at the board created with ceramic and in case of normal PCB layers are designed through the use of copper.
- A certain type of ceramic called fine ceramic is used to create the ceramic board.
- Ceramic boards are manufactured through the use of metallic cores like aluminum nitride. Its operation is good but somewhat expensive.
- To enhance the conductive behavior of ceramic boards there is the use of silver traces.
- Perching prices of the normal board is less than ceramic board but generally for different projects ceramic boards prefer due to less repairing cost.
Application of Ceramic PCB
- The common uses of Ceramic board are described here with the details.
- It used in the different types of converter circuits.
- Electronic controller circuits designed with this board.
- Amplifier circuits used this board.
- Solar application employed this board.
- Regulators’ circuits also designed with these boards.
- different devices used at the industry level are created with these boards.
- Integrated circuits created with this board.
- The circuitry of printers also created with it.
Ceramic PCB Types According to material
- There are 3 main categories of ceramic boards are listed here.
Ceramic PCB Types According to manufacturing
High-temperature Ceramic PCB
- It is a very commonly used ceramic board. It called high temperature since it operated in high-value temperature conditions.
- It created with the use of aluminum oxide with adhesive material.
- During its creation, it is placed in Owen having temperatures of sixteen to seventeen centigrade.
Less Temperature Ceramic board
- It also created by mixing the adhesive substance to the glass crystal and this mixture is employed at the metallic layer.
- This PCB offered a high value of tolerance with the need of fewer warpage.
- It offered a high level of mechanical strength with thermal conductivity.
Thick Film Board
- In this board, there is the thickness of the conductive layers is lies between ten to thirteen microns.
- These layers are designed with the use of silver in certain cases with gold.
- After placing the conductive layer at the substrate placed in the oven at a thousand centigrade.
- Its benefit over the normal board is that it offered the protection of the copper from oxidizing.
Ceramic PCB Advantages
- The main advantages of ceramic PCB are listed here.
- It has less value of soldering, less value of terminal resistance.
- It can bear a high value of volts in case of any faults that occur in the projects.
- It has less dia of thick layer than other boards normally 0.3 millimeters.
- It is more reliable due to its good thermal conductivity.
- It can withstand the large value of current normally one hundred amperes.
That is all about the ceramic PCB I have cleared each and every point related to this board if have any query ask in the comments. Thanks for reading.