Hello, readers welcome to the new post. Today we will discuss Introduction to C945 Transistor. The transistor is a switching and amplifier circuit component that is commonly used in electronic devices and projects to amplify the signals and control the circuit operating as a switch. It has three pinouts emitter-base and a collector. There are two main configurations of transistors according to doping level. That NPN and PNP transistors. If the transistor is doped with elements of the periodic table group of three elements then called NPN has electrons as majority carriers.
If it is doped with group five elements of the periodic table then called PNP configuration since it has holes as majority carriers. Both holes and electrons work as charge carriers in transistors. In this post, we will have a look at C945 Transistor which is NPN configured transistor. So let’s get started with Introduction to C945 Transistor.
Introduction to C945 Transistor
- The C945 is NPN configured transistor that is created by the Japanese. It has three pinouts emitter-base and collectors like other transistors but the Emitter collector and base are the order of its pins
- As in the case of the European transistor, the pin order is emitter-base and collector.
- The gain value of this transistor is about 700 and operates in a linear fashion.
- It is a common part of amplifier circuits and preamplifiers operation for high-frequency projects
- It operates as an oscillator in electronics through a combination of PNP transistors.
- It can be powered through microcontrollers or processors since it needs five volts to operate.
- It has ability to operate a load having a value of fifty volts but it can not be used for high loads having a current of 150millieampers.
- These transistors are older versions and are not easily available in Europe and Asia.
- Its saturation value is about 0.3 volts which is good for this component to use in electronics. With that, it has less noise and good dc gain
C945 Transistor Features
- There some main features of this device are explained here
- it has an operating temperature of about -55 to +150 Centigrade
- It is NPN general-purpose transistor
- Dc current gain for this component is 70 to 700
- The highest value of transition frequency is 200MHz
- The value of VCE is fifty volts
- The highest dissipation of power is 400MW
- VEBO is five volts
- The highest value of VCB is sixty volts
- IC for this module is 150mA
- It comes in To-92 Packaging
C945 Transistor Pinout
- It has three pinouts like other transistors Emitter, collector, and bases.
- Emitter: Through this pin current comes out and it linked to the ground terminal
- Base: It is a control pin like the tap that controls the biasing of the transistor
- Collector: Current goes into this pin and is attached to load
- Equalivant transistors of C945 are listed here
Use of C945 Transistor
- This transistor comes with less noise and a decent value of current gain so it is used as an audio amplifier and preamplifier circuit. With that used in signal amplifiers. Most BJT transistors have 0.6 saturation volts but this transistor has 0.3 volts so used in low-voltage projects. With that employed in radio frequency circuits where a frequency value of 200MHZ is used
Can I use 2N2222 instead of C945?
- In form of gain value, there is a high value of gain fro C945 and less for 2N222 but with this difference you can use 2N222 in place of C945. But before using must consider the pin configuration according to your projects since C945 has pin arrangements emitter-collector and base while 2n222 has emitter-base and collector
Is C945 a NPN or PNP?
- C945 is a general purpose NPN transistor
Which transistor is better NPN or PNP?
- In electronics, NPN transistor is used mostly since it has high electron movement than holes which causes a high transfer of energy. While for PNP positive terminal of the power source is common for input and output so the ground current is positive. In some cases, this configuration is not preferred of circuits
C945 Transistor Amplifier Circuit
- C945 is commonly used in amplifier circuits like preamplifiers operations
- In the below diagram, C945 is used as a preamplifier circuit.
- The main component of our circuit is
- In the circuit, you can see that there is bypassing path created through the use of input resistors and capacitors for input supply. Capacitors minimize the ripple existing in the voltage and resistor workings current limiter
- The signal from the input supply goes to a transistor that operates it and then that signal is amplified by the transistor
- At the output side capacitor is used to create a bypass for a signal at the output
C945 Transistor Applications
- main applications of this transistor are explained here
- It used in amplifier circuits
- Used in sensing devices and projects
- Radiofrequency circuits have this module
- It operates as a switch and control operation of different circuits
- Work as pre amplifier
That is all about the C945 Transistor all details has explained. If you have any queries ask here. Thanks for reading have nice day