Hello readers welcome to new post. We will discuss Introduction to BTA12 TRIAC. It is snubbers logic level normally used triacs. It is a medium power consumer TRIAC created by ST Microelectronics. It has high energy dissipation operation and less holding current creating fines option for different applications such as LED dimmers and motor control circuits.
Here we will cover all basics of BTA12 TRIAC and some other related paramerts. So let get started.
Introduction to BTA12 TRIAC
- The BTA12 is a medium power user TRIAC has less value of holding current so used for motor control and lED dimmers.
- It comes with a larger value of surge energy that makes it suitable for inductor loads applications.
- It is done since the thermal mass of die absorbs the energy released from the pulses before the temperature increment.
- It is used for on and off functions in different applications like static relays induction motor starting circuits and phase regulators.
- This module is also used for speed control of motor operations and is mostly preferred for inductor loads.
BTA12 TRIAC Features
- Different features of this triac are discussed here
- It is medium power user current triac
- Its packaging is RoHS compatible
- It is less thermal resistance insulated material
- It gives the larger value of surge current.
- It is six hundred volts power and twelve ampers current value have
- It has less thermal resistance bonding
- Comes with TO220 packaging
- Twenty watts power dissipation it has
BTA12 TRIAC Pinout
- The main pinout of this triac are discussed here
- A1 is used to the current movement in and out
- A2 current goes in and out from it
- G is used for control of current flow between A1 and A2
BTA12 TRIAC Applications
- Applications of this triac are used here
- Used in LED dimmer circuits
- Part of induction motor speed control circuits
- Used for inductor loads
That is all about the BTA12 and all details has been explained if you have any further query ask in comments Thanks for reading have a good day.