Hello fellows I hope you all are enjoying your life. In today’s post, we will have a look at Introduction to Arduino Mega 2560. It is a microcontroller board based on ATmega2560. This module has fifty-four input and output pinouts. All components required for the operation of a microcontroller are assembled on this module we just need to connect it with the computer through cable or AC to Dc converter to get power.
This module also has compatibility with other types of Arduino such as UNO, Diecimila, and Duemilanove. In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at its working, application, pinouts, and some other related parameters. So let’s get started with Introduction to Arduino Mega 2560.
Introduction to Arduino Mega 2560
- The Arduino is an open-source computing device that comprises of the board having inputs and outputs processed language.
- This microcontroller is based on Atmega2560 and comprises of fifty-four pinouts.
- Out of fifty-four pinouts, fourteen are pulse width modulation, sixteen analog inputs, four UARTs,.
- The sixteen megahertz oscillator crystal is assembled on this module.
- For getting and providing code to the board there is a USB connection that is created on the board.
- The direct current power jack is connected on the board to deliver power to board some other types of Arduino does not have this power jack.
- There is a distinctive feature exit in this board which used to transfer code from computer to the board is ICSP header.
- To provide voltage according to board requirements on this board there are 2 voltage regulator exits which regulate the voltage between five volts and 3,3 volts.
- The software used in all types of Arduinos for programming is IDE is also used in this module.
- This board is mostly used for complicated circuits which are not supported by other boards.
Features of Arduino Mega2560
- These are some important features of Arduino Mega2560.
- The microcontroller used for this module is Atmega2560.
- This module needed five volts for operation.
- The range of input voltage for this board is from seven volts to twelve volts.
- There are fifty-four pinouts exits on this board fourteen are used as pulse width modulation.
- There are sixteen analog inputs on this board.
- The direct current for every input and output pinout is forty milliamperes.
- The direct current required for 3,3 volts pinout is fifty milliamperes.
- It comprises of two fifty-six kilobytes flash memory and out of them, eight kilobytes is used for the bootloader.
- It has a Static RAM of eight kilobytes.
- The EEPROM of four Kilobytes is designed on this board.
- The speed of the clock used in this module is sixteen megahertz.
- The dimension of this board is 1o1.52 mm length, 53.3mm width, and thirty-six gram is its weight.
Pinout of Arduino Mega 2560
- The pinouts of Arduino Mega 2560 are described here with the details.
3.3 volts and five volt Pinout
- Through these 2 printouts voltage are given at this board up to the five volts,
- This is the ground pinout of a module and there are five pinouts ground are exits on this board and each can be used according to requirement.
- This pin is used to reset the Arduino module form high to low or low to high.
- This pin used to provide input voltage to the board generally seven to twenty volts of the range is given.
- There are four serial ports exits for serial communication which has total of eight pinouts and each port has 2 pins. which are Tx (1) and Rx (0), Tx(18) and Rx(19), Tx(16) & Rx(17), Tx(14) & Rx(15).
- The exterior interrupts is created with the combination of six pinouts which are 0,3, 21, 20, 19, and 18 pinouts.
- This pinout is used to provide a reference voltage to the analog inputs.
- There are sixteen analog pinout exits in this module which are A0 to A15.
- For I2C communication there are two pinouts is used pin 20 and pinout twenty one. the twenty pinouts is SDA which stores the data and twenty-one pinout is SCL used for interlink between different devices.
- SPI stands for a serial peripheral interface which used to the transmission of data among controller and other devices. MISO (50), MOSI (51), SCK (52), and SS (53) are used for SPI communication.
Application of Arduino Mega 2560
- These are some important applications of Arduino Mega 2560.
- It used in the creation of a three-dimensional printer.
- With the use of this board, we can control and regulate more than one motor at one time.
- Numerous sensors can be connected through this module.
- It used for measurement and sensing of temperature,.
- In different types of security projects it used,
That is detailed about the introduction to Arduino Mega 2560 I tried my level best to make simple this post for you if you have any further query ask in comments, Thanks for reading. Have a good day.