Hello, readers welcome to the new post. In this post, we will learn Introduction to Arduino Diecimila. Arduino board is a hardware device and comes in an open-source configuration and also software companies make different types of controller boards and kits. Its hardware modules are incorporated with the CC BY SA and software is incorporated into the LGPL.
In this post we will discuss the details of the Arduino Diecimila, its working, pinouts, and different features.
Introduction to Arduino Diecimila
- It is a microcontroller board and comes with ATmega168. There is fourteen pinouts of input and output natures are configured on it.
- With that, there is six analog inputs configured to get the analog input and crystal oscillators of sixteen megahertz is assembled.
- Fourteen peripheral connections there is USB port, with power jack and reset button arranged.
- All requirements needed for any type of controller is existed on the also AC to DC adapter is connected to it.
- Here Diecimila means then thousand in Italian and it denoted that there is more than ten thousand Arduino boards has created.
- This board is the latest in a contest of USB Arduino boards.
What is the Arduino Diecimila?
- A microcontroller board called the Arduino Diecimila is built around the ATmega168 chip. As an upgrade to the original Arduino board, it was originally made available in 2007. The Diecimila, like other Arduino boards, is designed to be simple to use even for those who are just starting out with electronics and programming.
- The Arduino programming language, which is based on C or C++ language can be used for baord programming It contains six analog inputs, 14 digital input/output pins, a USB connector for power and programming, and a reset button.
Arduino Diecimila Features
- The main features of these boards are defined here.
- It is Atmega 168-based controller
- Its clock speed is sixteen megahertz
- There is EEPROM of five twelve bytes is assembled on the board
- The static ram of one kilobyte is linked to it.
- Flash memory of sixteen-kilo byte used on it
- There are six analog input pins used here
- There are fourteen digital input and output pins exist on board.
- Input volts of six to twenty volts can be given to it
- The operating volts is five volts.
|Digital input/output pins||14|
|Analog input pins||6|
|USB connection||Used for programming and power|
|Reset button||Used to reset the board|
|Clock speed||16 MHz|
|Flash memory||16 KB (of which 2 KB is used by the bootloader)|
|Input voltage||7-12 V (recommended), 6-20 V (limits)|
|Digital I/O pins voltage||0-5 V|
|Analog input pins voltage||0-5 V (max 5.5 V), or 0-3.3 V (max 3.3 V) with a voltage regulator|
|PWM output pins||Digital pins 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, and 11|
|Communication interfaces||UART, SPI, and I2C|
|Dimensions||68.6 x 53.4 mm (2.7 x 2.1 inches)|
Arduino Diecimila pins
Pin Name Purpose Details 0 RX Serial receive It operate to receive data from another device over a serial connection 1 TX Serial transmit Used for data sending to another device over a serial connection 2 INT0 External interrupt Can trigger an interrupt when a specified voltage level is reached 3 PWM Digital output, PWM It work for digital output or generate a pulse-width modulated (PWM) signal to control the speed of motors, LED brightness, etc. 4 PWM Digital output, PWM It works like Pin 3 5 PWM Digital output, PWM It operates as pin3 6 PWM Digital output, PWM Same operation to 3 7 Digital input/output Can be used as a general-purpose digital input/output pin 8 Digital input/output Same as Pin 7 9 PWM Digital output, PWM Same as Pin 3 10 PWM Digital output, PWM, SPI SS Same as Pin 3, can also be used as the Slave Select (SS) pin for SPI communication 11 PWM Digital output, PWM, SPI MOSI Same as Pin 3, can also be used as the MOSI pin for SPI communication 12 Digital input/output, SPI MISO Can be used as a general purpose digital input/output pin, and also as the MISO pin for SPI communication 13 Digital input/output, SPI SCK Can be used as a general purpose digital input/output pin, and also as the SCK pin for SPI communication A0 Analog input Can read an analog voltage between 0-5V using the analogRead() function A1 Analog input Same to A0 A2 Analog input Like the A0 A3 Analog input like theA0 A4 SDA Analog input/output, I2C it is used as a general-purpose analog input/output pin, and also as the data line (SDA) for I2C communication A5 SCL Analog input/output, I2C It employed as a general-purpose analog input/output pin, and also as the clock line (SCL) for I2C communication A6 Analog input, External interrupt It work as an additional analog input, and can also trigger an interrupt when a specified voltage level is reached A7 Analog input, External interrupt It alike A6 pinout
Arduino Diecimila Communication Protocol
- There are numerous features it has to connect with other categories of boards, controllers, and computers.
- It comes with the UART TTL serial communication through digital pins 0 (RX) and 1 (TX).
- An FTDI FT232RL at the board exists for serial communication through USB and FTDI.
- For send and receiving simple data, there is a serial monitor is linked to it.
- The receiver and transmitter LED will blink when data is transferred.
Examples of Arduino Diecimila Projects
The Arduino Diecimila may be used for a plethora of applications. Here are a few illustrations:
LED Lighting System
- You may design a unique LED lighting system for your house or workplace with the Arduino Diecimila. You may design a specific lighting pattern to meet your needs or use sensors to switch the lights on and off automatically.
Smart Home Automation System
You can design a personalized home automation system with the Arduino Diecimila that can manage anything from your lights and appliances to your security system and thermostat.
An fantastic alternative for developing robotics projects is the Arduino Diecimila. The board may be used to drive motors, sensors, and other parts, allowing you to build robots that can move, find items, and carry out other functions.
That is all about the Arduino Diecimila if you have any further query ask in the comments. Thanks for reading have a good day.