Hello readers welcome to post. Here we will discuss Introduction to 3D PCB Boards & Advantages. PCB is a significant part of any electronic project that comes with different features and applications. PCB has wide range of applications such as electronic devices, medical tools, aviation’s, etc. Now it has become a very basic part of each device with different features.
There are different types of PCB boards exist such as a single layer, double layers, multilayers, etc. Three-D PCB is not three dimensional board but has features to make circuit configuration in a 3D way than other common techniques. Here we will discuss the details parameters of this board and learn from where this board can get. So let’s get started.
What is 3D PCB Board
- With the use of three dimensional printing circuits creation has become a very simple and easy process that was somewhat difficult in case of old creation techniques.
- PCB boards are considered as main elements of electronic devices and projects and work as the digital and automated world creation.
- The use of three dimensional printing in the PCB imparts a boost in technology and economic growth.
- There is two-dimensional inkjet printing machines are used for the creation of conductive layers on the boards.
What is Three D Printing
- Three-dimensional printing is an additive technique that is used for the creation of 3D modules through digital modules.
- Through this technique, there is consecutive layers of material are used for the creation of objects.
- At the start of 1980, this technique was used for aesthetic prototypes.
- With the advancement in the twenty-one century made us to the usage of three-dimensional printing commonly used in industries and proffered for additive manufacturing.
3D Printing Service By PCBWAY
- There are different 3D printing service providers working in the world but best and high-quality 3D service provider is PCBWAY.
- PCBWay is indeed a common name for many people, I would say to everyone, in the community that builds/computerized the excellent PCB-related services they provide, from the manufacture of different types of PCBs (flex, solid, different PCBs, etc.) to their PCBA, prototyping services. And many ecosystem support programs. In March 2021, in response to requests from customers to introduce a CNC / 3D printing service to facilitate the development of closed spaces, PCBWay announced the launch of their 3D printing service with the aim of becoming a single printing facility. All that customers need in making new hardware products.
- 3D printing can manufacture parts within hours, which speeds up the prototyping process. When compared to machining prototypes, 3D printing is inexpensive.
Overview of Three-Dimensional PCB Boards
- Currently, we are living in the three Dimensional world but some electronic devices are created through use of 2 D techniques
- There can be techniques used for the creation of embedded circuits in any shape.
- This technique can be time-saving and increases efficiency.
- Traditional PCB board creation made a board an expensive and time taking process and uses more effort than the normal way.
- To decrease the time and cost there is use of a Three-dimensional printer that makes three dimensional boards with the high-speed process.
- There are numerous technique used for creation of three dimensional boards and the most commonly used are
- Making Hollow Traces
- Using Conductive Filament
3D Printing Vs Non 3D Printing
- If we see different three D PCB boards we will come to know that different projects circuits like the 3D boards but not in real as.
- For instance, making a protective mask on the circuit board when pen is connected to the printing heads that not is 3 D printing technique
- It is due to that itching material is employed for the elimination of non-touched part to make traces.
- The creation of hollow traces technique is like this technique
- Though the working operation is not like and above example is not like the three D technique
- There are 2 ways to check the existence of three Dimensional printing
- The first one is to make a model having traces of conductive filament
- With that also make hollow trenches which are covered with conductive paste.
Disadvantages of 3D printing
- The main disadvantages of this technique are described here
- The material used in this technique is limited it is created with use of plastics and temperature regulated metals so temperate control material is not easy to access.
- These boards are not easy to recycle and are considered as a hazard for the environment.
- The size of the chambers is limited and has limited the creation of these boards. So for creation of larger products not easy to make in that chambers. For this extra chamber and separates products needed that demand high cost.
- The processing demands after the creation of products need special demands to finish the products.
Advantages of 3D Printing Boards
- There are different advantages of three d printing listed here
- It is used to make complicated designs with less effort. So helps to make small size projects with great accuracy.
- The cost for the creation of these boards is less than other boards. With that rapid prototyping can be configured on the board. For getting the rapid prototype service with great quality and benefit contact with PCBWAY.
- It comes with a virtual library that has numerous design configurations and any design configuration can be created with great accuracy.
- There is STL and CAD files exiting in the virtual library that helps to make changes previously created design.
- Its other benefits is that there is no waste products created through this process and saves resources used for product creation.
That is all about the 3D PCB Boards all details has explained if you have any query ask here.