Hello, readers welcome to the new post. Today we will discuss Introduction to 1N4007 Diode. A diode is a device that is used in the electronic circuit as a rectifier. it has two pins positive one called the anode and a negative terminal called the cathode. The rectifier is a circuit that is used to convert ac to into, two main types of rectifier full wave rectifier and half wave rectifier. The process through which ac is converted into dc is called rectification.
If the diode is connected in such a configuration that the anode is connected to the positive terminal of the battery and the cathode to the negative terminal of the battery this configuration is called forward biased and reverse combination called reverse biasing of the diode. The diode normally operates in a forward-biased state and in a reverse-biased state current does not follow through this component. There are different types of diodes that are used according to their structure in different applications. In this post, we will cover the 1N4007 Diode its working, pinout, and some related parameters. So let’s get started Introduction to 1N4007 Diode
Introduction to 1N4007 Diode
- The 1N407 diode is mostly used as a general-purpose diode. It is the main part of different rectifier circuits of power supplies that are used in electronic devices to transform ac to dc.
- The diode operates in one direction also called a uni-direction device which permits the flow of current in one direction and oppose in another.
- Current flows from anode to cathode. The maximum that can pass through the 1N4007 diode is one amper and bear Peakes thirty amperes current.
- Try to use a load of less than one amper. There is very less reverse current it has about five microamperes. Its power dissipation is about three watts
- This diode is belongs to the diode series 1N400x. It can be used for applications where high voltage is involved and has the ability to handle one thousand volts almost.
1N4007 Diode Pinout
- Like other diodes, it also has two pinouts.
- Anode: It is a positive terminal here positive terminal is disconnected of battery
- Cathode: It is the negative terminal of the diode
1N4007 Diode Features
- Its main features are discussed here
- Its packaging is DO-41
- The value of power dissipation for this diode is about three watts
- Peak repetitive reverse voltage value is one thousand volts
- Forward current is about one amper
- Nonrepetitive current is thirty amper
- The operating temperature for this component is -55 to 175 degrees Celsius
- The forward voltage drop is about 1.1V
- The reverse voltage drop is 500 to 700V
- Thermal Resistance, Junction to Ambient is 30 °C/W
1N4007 Revere Recovery Time
- This diode also needs reverse recovery time to recover when the forward state to reverse state is changed
- During reverse recovery, there is a high value of reverse current generated that causes heat. The high value of frequency input signal high time needed for the diode to recover. This diode is a low-frequency component since have a high recovery time. So used in applications where low frequency used
Differences between 1N4007 and 1N4001
- Here some parameters discuss that make differences
- The peak repetitive voltage for 1N4001 is 15pF and 9pF for 1N4007
- RMS reverse voltage for 1N4001 is thirty-five volts and 700 volts for 1n4007
- The junction capacitance for 1n4001 is 15pF and 1n4007 is 8pf
Can I use 1N4007 instead of 1N4001?
- Yes can be replaced since 1n4007 has a larger reverse voltage of about 1000 volts
Is 1N4007 a Schottky Diode?
- No rectifier diode that has PN junction.
Shared Projects | PCBWay+ Community
- Till now you have got the details about the 1N4007 diode. If you are working on projects where you are using 1n4007 to make circuit rectifiers. There is a need for experts to make this project if you have little knowledge of electronics or are new to this field. PCBWAY is one of the best options to solve your problems related to electronics and they will guide you on how you can make your projects with great quality features. After making that projects you can share to other engineers through the use of the PCBWAY community which is the best option to explore new ideas through sharing electronic projects and knowledge with getting other’s projects.
- PCBWAY is a PCB supplier that provides different services related to PCB and PCBA at one platform. You can quality board for the creation of your project. With hat their experts will help you to make projects from start to the endpoint.
- PCBWAY has introduced a new feature PCBWay+ community which is the best platform for electronic engineers and project creators to share their projects, make discussion in one electronic field and get valuable data for PCB design that can get helps from projects.
- By joining the PCBWay+ community you can see many subjects heading on the navigation bar and everyone has a certain operation and purpose. Here we will discuss the most popular part community – Shared Projects.
Shared Projects PCBWAY Community
- The “Projects” section is used for sharing explore and remixing open-source hardware, like PCB and 3D printed projects. Using this platform you can get motivation through more than forty categories of project modules that have about ten thousand projects, with that you can also get a commission when your shared projects buy someone.
- There are two methods to share projects. First press on the “share &sell” button from your order list existing on the account management page or just press the “create a project” existing on the top right of the community to be directed to the sharing page.
- On sharing page, you just have to fill in some details about the project like title, category, etc. Detailed data can be beneficial for people to understand the project and exchange their ideas. You can select the correspondent open source license according to your requirements, and choose whether to upload a design file or not. If you upload a Gerber file can choose the “not allowed” option for “Gerber Download”. In this way whether in the community or cart others will not be able to download and get access to your file project
- When your submitted project is approved after review moves to “My Profile” and select “Shared Projects” to check make changes delete or stop sharing at any instant.
- With that, if you want to order the PCB of an open-source project, you can directly press “add to cart” and set customized parameters. When an open source project consists of both PCB and assembly files you can select to order PCB only or combine it with assembly service.
- If another person places an order through your shared project, PCBWAY will give ten percent of the order amount to you for your contribution to the open-source community.
- The commission will be added to your account of PCBWAY and you can withdraw or can leave it in your account. With that, you can get beans by sharing creative projects. Beans can be used to redeem products or coupons from the PCBWAY gift store, which they are introducing soon, and in the next tutorial, we will discuss them.
- Further details can get in this video
- Current Regulator Diode
- Zener Diode
- Step Recovery Diode
- PIN Diode
- Schottky Diode
- Varactor Diode
- Zener diode Applications
- Laser Diode
That is all about the Introduction to 1N4007 Diode all details has explained. Further after the creation of projects through 1n4007 must share to the PCBWAY community which will help your share your ideas to all over the world. With that you can also get chance to win discounts and commission.