Hello, readers welcome to the new post. Here we will learn How To Use Variable Resistors in Proteus. Resistance is the very basic part of any circuit that can create a hindrance in the flow of current in the circuitry. each material has a certain value of resistance and resistance or ohmmeter is used for finding the value of resistance offered by the circuitry.
The formula of resistance is R=ΡL/α. Resistance is a term used in the electrical system to explain the opposition that occurs in the flow of current. In this post, we will make a circuit and see the practical understanding of the variable resistance used in the circuit and learn its proteus simulation.
Introduction to Variable Resistor
- The variable resistor is a category of resistor that has the ability to change tis resistance measuring capacity.
- It is an electromechanical device that consists of a slider having resistance components to vary the resistance.
- If it is linked in such a way that there is a larger resistance is given then less value of current passes and in case of a small value of resistance high current passes.
- Through varying, the resistance of circuitry can also be used as a volts control device of any circuit.
- It is called a potentiometer when working as a voltage or potential divider.
- When working as a variable resistor called a rheostat.
- There is a certain type of variable resistance that operates electronically way named a digital potentiometer.
Variable Resistor Features
- Its main features are listed here
- The physical dimensions of this resistance is large then other resistance commonly used
- It consists of three terminals first one is moveable pinout and other 2 are not moveable
- It comes with the changeable port.
- It is used in small level signal circuits.
How To Use Variable Resistor in Proteus
- To learn the understanding of the variable resistor in proteus we will make a circuit and use the variable resistance in the proteus practically.
- First of all open the proteus on your PC then move to component library and choose the component of projects that are listed here.
- Variable Resistance
- All components are can seen here
- Make the circuit according to shown diagram and link all elements in a proper way as required.
- When you make the circuit run the simulation and see the results at the output voltmeter.
- Then vary the value of variable resistance through pressing on the point of the resistor in a result you will see the variation in the value of output voltages at the voltmeter.
- Can be easily seen that with the change in the resistance value of volts varying.
Applications Variable Resistance
- They are used to control the speed of DC motors. Since they provide flexible resistance, it varies current and voltage. The speed can therefore be easily controlled by system or armature voltage control.
- They are used in indoor applications such as changing the speed of ceiling fans. Nothing but a simple potentiometer.
- They are often used in laboratories in educational institutions and research units to conduct tests.
- Other common applications for potentiometers, sound control, lighting, etc. Also used for microphones and audio systems to adjust the volume.
- Digital Rheostats has a number of applications. They are embedded as circles attached to a printed circuit board. They can be connected to signal processors to control electronic resistance.
Set-up rheostats have low specific applications such as radio, transmission circuits, etc.
That is all about the How To Use Variable Resistor in Proteus if you have any further query ask in the comments. Thanks for reading have a good day see you in next post.