Hello, readers welcome to the new post. In this post, we will learn How to Read and Write text files in LabVIEW. LABVIEW is a very interesting and useful programming tool and very commonly used in different types of projects simulation.It uses graphical programming to make different types of projects.
In this tutorial, we will learn how we can write and read textfile in this software nd study different steps to learn about it. So let get started.
How to Read and Write text files in LabVIEW
- We will these two processes one by one and make their practical implementation.
- First, of we will learn how to read a file
How to Read text file in Labview
- For this first of all move to block diagram press right then move to option File i/o and select the open/creates/replace file option. With that also select the close file option.
- It looks like this interface CLose file option help to close any open file
- Now select the read text file option from file i/o tab as did above.
- Now move to the block diagram select all three tabs collectively and press control+ space command new window quick drop will open.
- After that press control+W command then there will we a connection like this.
- Now again select all three components and press right according to the figure then see visible item and select label their names will be shown.
- Now make control according to below diagram.
- Now move to read from text file press right and make an indicator.
- Our final circuit for reading text file in LabVIEW look like this
- To read any file you must have written on your computer in a text document as i have and can see here what i write in it.
- Now upload you file to path text in front panel as i have done
After that run the program and you can see the text that i write can see here.
Now we will learn how to write a text file in LabVIEW
How to Write text file in Labview
- For this move to block diagram press right select the write text file from file I/O tab and make a connection to another component open/create/replace file and close file through selection them then press control space and the control W.
- Now make control to the write text file option pressing right then creates and select the control
- Now i have remove the data from my text file that was saved in the computer and will write some text in text tab in front panel that will shown to my file when run the program and have selected the path in path tab.
Here you can see the text is written in the text file from LabVIEW to file
That is all about the How to Read and Write text files in LabVIEW i have explained both processes through practical examples if you have any further query ask in the comments thanks for reading have a good day see you in the next tutorial. Thanks for reading