Hi readers welcome to the new post. In this post, we will learn How to Make Sub VIs in LabView. SUB VIs in Labview is called modularity that means different modules or a small portion of the main circuitry. All subparts of the main function are known as Sub vi and a process called program modularity.
There is no comprehensive difference between the main project and sub VI. Sub VI has its won component like the main VI. Before converting the main project to sub vi make sure that input at the SUB Vi and output are their controls and indicators functions. Here we will learn the different parameters through the make-in circuit to learn SUB VI.
How to Make Sub VIs in LabView
- For making sub vis we will make a quadratic formula circuit in LabVIEW and then use it to learn the sub vi creation.
- We will use a project created with the use of quadratic formula and transform it into sub vi.
- Our inputs will be three that are J, K L, and roots of the equation will be a, b.
- After making the circuit that is shown above we will define that which component work as input and which will output for our VI.
- For this we move to the front panel.
- For this purpose press right on the sub VI tabs shown at the right corner of front panel can see here
- Press right at sub vi tab and choose show connector option and resultant will make connector pane shown below the diagram
- For giving denotation to inputs and outputs points is converted into the wire component we move the point of VI tab.
- For giving the representation as input and output to component there and press at resultant indicator and control
- You can see in below figure that when input and outputs of sub vi is given input are colored and output are not colored.
How To Make SUB VI
- Now we will discuss how can separate Sub VI from the VI For this open the function palette and choose to select a VI tab.
- It will ask about that the location where we have to place our VI.
- After selection of sub VI, VI tab will denotes as real VI at the right top side.
- Input and output points will display in the connector tab.
- Our resultant sub VI formula for quadratic equation can see here
- We can see that it is like the real VI but with the difference that has a black color box.
That is all about the How to Make Sub VIs in LabView. I have explained each and every parameter related to this post. If you have any further query ask in the comments. Thanks for reading have a good day see you in the next post.