Hello, readers welcome to the new post. Here we will discuss HOW TO CLEAN CIRCUIT BOARD CORROSION. PCB boards are considered the main part of our electronic industry and projects that are constructed by us. From some small to big devices PCB board is very commonly used like other technologies has become a common part of our industry. Each project demands this board that there is a need of some types of maintenance to the board in certain conditions
Due to some environmental and other conditions board may get corroded so it becomes challenging for us to remove this corrosion. In a result operation of the board become difficult and causes serious problems for our project that has this board. To remove the corrosion of the board different techniques are used with that you can also contact the different services providers related to PCB if you not aware of the board’s features. PCBWAY is on one the best choice for all types of PCB board services that you needed. WIth removal of corrosion of your board any type of maintenance of your board can be done very accurately at PCBWAY. Since they are equipped with high-quality machines and staff. PCBWAY working in China related to PCB-based services for the last decade. They are best option for PCB services than other manufacturers since offer high-quality boards with great features, less cost high quality. To get fast prototyping services to visit PCBWAY.
Every field person either engineer students or hobbyist always prefers PCBWAY services to get products for their work. Their delivery time is very fast sent the boards in a given time interval they provide the prototyping services in just twenty-four hours for two layers boards and takes forty-eight hours to deliver four layers. So must visit PCBWAY
What is PCB Corrosion
- In the case of oxygen makes the bonds with the metallic substances cause the corrosion to create rust and result in the metal decreasing their inner features.
- As PCB boards are created through use of metals like coppers that get the involvement to the air and finally get corrode.
- Some metals like not easily get corroded like Gold and silver graphite. Some get corrode easily like copper lead etc.
Types of Corrosion in PCB
- There are different types of corrosion that can exist in the board.
- Fretting: Due to this category of corrosion work in closing solder plated switches causes the elimination of oxide layers in results lower layers get oxide.
- Electrolytic Corrosion: Traces bear the reduction in work due to ionic moisture causes the volts and metallic silver produces and short circuit occurs.
- Atmospheric corrosion: It is most common type of corrosion.MOsiture get engaged to metal has oxygen that react to ions of metals and oxide created. Copper get corroded but does not have any problem since copper corrodes retains its mechanical features.
HOW TO CLEAN CIRCUIT BOARD CORROSION
- There are different techniques used for corrosion removal you can also contact to PCBWAY for any type of PCB issue.
- Different techniques are used for corrosion removal explain here
- Use of Oven: Commonly used oven at your house can be used for drying the PCB board before putting the board in the oven make sure it off
- Lint Free Towel: Cloths created with different fiber such as lit-free fabrics enhances the drying of the board.
- Bristle Brushes: WIth other techniques, you can also use your toothbrush as well as a paintbrush but the brush must have soft bristles to avoid any damage on the board.
- Use of Cleaner: use of cleaner also remove the corrosion.
- Deionize Water: Before using the water for corrosion make sure water d not have any type of impurity that causes serious problems for water
- Baking Sode: Use of baking soda can also reduce corrosion.
- If you still have any technical problems to remove the corrosion must contact PCBWAY they will resolve all your problems in a fine way.
Causes of Corrosion on Circuit Boards
- You must also know the reasons of causes that result in the corrode board. Using the causes can make different prevention techniques to protect your board.
- In most boards, copper and aluminum are used which are most reactive towards oxidation and get corrode. With airs conditions also water causes serious problems for corrosion so use different preventing techniques to avid the boards from the corrosion for this purpose clean boards on regularly
Corrosion Leaning process on Board
- There some steps you must follow to eliminate the PCB corrosion
- First, you have to disconnect the all connected apparatus and tools that are working on power from the board also off the power
- When all devices are disconnected use a brush like a toothbrush or a paintbrush for the application of different cleaning materials like baking soda or nonionized water
- THrough brush also clean the dust and make the surface clean
- For further dust, removal uses distilled water that also eliminates the corrosion
- If still corroded part exists use the isopropyl alcohol that is the best option for hard corrosion removal
- At last use, the microfiber rug and dry board with use of an air dryer then connect the all disconnected component
That is all about the HOW TO CLEAN CIRCUIT BOARD CORROSION all details has explained. If you have any further query ask in comments and further must contact PCBWAY if you have any serious problems for your board.