Hello, readers welcome to new post. Here we will discuss Electric Shock Effect on Human Beings. The body of human beings is the best conductor that means current can easily flow from our body. If the current passes accidentally from someone’s body that is called electrical shock.
In this post we will learn the effects of electric shock on our body and learn how can save from it. So let get started.
Electric Shock Effect on Human Beings
- There are 4 facts that explain the condition of electric shock.
- Resistance of body
- Current time
- Quantity of current
- The path followed by the current in the body
- The dangerous and common path followed by the current is from the heart.
- In the below figure you can see the four phases of the current effect passing in the body.
- The perception that occurs about one milliampere
- Let go threshold level about ten milliamperes
- Npn let get threshold level occurs about sixteen millimeters
- Constriction of the thoracic muscles to death by asphyxiation and ventricular occurs at 70 to100 mA.
- The below diagram shows the general electrocardiogram single pulse at seven fifty milliseconds
- QRS phase indicates the normal pumping process
- T phase indicates rest phase almost one fifty milliseconds
- Humans will die if it has done almost one fifty milliseconds of current passing fibrillation level
- In the below diagram, you can see the resistance of the body from hand to hand and hand to foot
- Let suppose that man by mistake touched the live wire of three hundred volts. By dividing this volts value to one thousand ohm resistance answer is three hundred milliamperes. CUrrent kills not voltage.
How to Protect Sensitive Earth Leakage
- Earthing not make sure that humans being will be saved if he touches the conductors.
- There are many relay connected in the circuit to sens the earth leakages and their setting is large
- There is ELCB or RCCB is used where is a chance of human interaction of conductor
- THere working principle is based on the core balance current
- The below diagram indicates the operation of the core balance leakage instrument.
- If conditions of system generally phase current and neutral current has same value and are in the phase state
- So current transformer will not find the current for normal situations because IL+IN is zero
- On ELCB there is Current transformer is positioned at the source point. If a human being is in touch with any portion of the conductor current passes from conductor to humans.
- If fault current IF passing in the body IN is decreased by this quantity.
- Due to this unbalanced current relay will work and ELECB break the circuit
- ELCB are molded breakers like the miniature breaker consisting of CBCT.
- It is common that CBCT can be positioned outer and unbalanced current used to trip earth leakage relay.
- The above-mentioned example is for single-phase and also considered for three-phase.
- In a three-phase configuration, all phases and neutral wirers are passed in the CBCT that resulting in there is no current sensing from CBCT in normal states
- If any leakage occurs in any phase CBCT sens unbalanced states and breaker trips
- The sensitive values for ELCB is thirty, hundred and three hundred milliamperes
- To protect the human body there is thirty milliamperes ELECB is used
That is all about the Electric Shock Effect on Human Beings if you have any further query ask in comments. Have a good day