Hello, readers welcome to the new post. here we will discuss Difference between Wifi and WiMax. These two protocols are used to make the wireless systems make connections among the different devices. WIFI is used to make a small level network like connections of printers, computers, and games.
Wimax uses spectrum to send the connection to the network. It used to provide different internet services like hotspots and mobile data. In this tutorial, we will give details to find the main differences among them. So let’s get started Difference between Wifi and WiMax
Difference between Wifi and WiMax
What is WIFI
- The full form of WIFI is wireless fidelity. It uses a radio signal to give the high-speed internet to different connections through a wireless system
- For the creation of the connection, there is a wireless adapter used that makes hotspots
- The antenna of the small size used for WIFI can be placed at any location.
- It makes connections among the different modules like games consoles printers computer
- There is the use of radio waves to make the wireless high-speed internet and wireless adapter required for hotspot creation
- It is compatible to IEEE 802.11 X standards
- Wifi used to connect LAN network means to cover the fewer areas located in systems
- There is no guarantee for the quality of services for WIFI
- its ranges almost one hundred meter
- its data transmission speed is fifty-four kbps
- Its data rates are 30-40Mbps, now updated to 1Gbps
- It is half duplex
- it uses Optional- RC4 (AES in 802.11i)
- It is less expensive then the WiMAX
- The main functions of WIFI are explained here
- It has the ability to transmit data from 2.4 gigahertz to five gigahertz with less security issues than the 3G system
- This technology is considered cheaper than others
- Its installation on any computer is easy thanks to the use of LAN.
- It is also used to configure laptops, printers, game consoles
- It is mostly used for short distances as its signal covers a distance of three hundred feet
What is WiMAX
- The development of WiMax began at the beginning of the 21st century. American integrated circuit manufacturer Intel Corporation has invested heavily in the creation of receiver chipsets and has been a vocal supporter of the technology. Technical obstacles to achieving optimal speed and coverage, combined with competition from competing systems, hampered the development of early networks.
- The full form of WiMax is wireless interoperability for microwave access.
- It uses licensed or unlicensed spectrum to transmit the connection to the system.
- It has the ability to handle the larger interoperable system. It used to offer mobile data and hotspot
- It is compatible to IEEE 802.16 y standards Y indicates that many Wimax category
- It used for MAN applications
- It gives the guarantee for services
- It covers a range of about fifty to ninety kilometers
- It is named as long-range technology
- Its data rates are up to seventy bps
- Its cost of installation is larger than the wifi
What is 802.16a?
- WiMax is also named as 802.16 standards and it is only applicable to networks that fulfill the certain criteria set by the WiMAX forum
- The 02.16a standard is two to eleven GHZ is a non-wire MA network that give the wireless connection to portable, fixed and nomadic modules
- it also helps to connect the 802.11 hotspots with the internet giving a network connection and also provides the wireless option then the cable and DSL
That is all about the difference between Wifi and WiMax all details has explained if you have any further queries ask in the comments.