Hello, readers welcome to new post. We will discuss Difference Between Wi-Fi and Cellular Data. The basic difference between these two terms is how your mobile device is linking to the internet. Through cellular data, you can access different applications, Instagram, Google, and other social media platforms. You just have mobile phones with data balances and the phone lies in the range of cell towers.
While WIFI is used to connect your devices to the internet in case close to the router and device network linked, in this post, we will discuss different parameters to find the differences. So let’s get started Difference Between Wi-Fi and Cellular Data
Difference Between Wi-Fi and Cellular Data
- WIFI full form is wireless fidelity that is used for communication without the internet. It means that WiFi can be used at any place.
- Before using the WIFI make sure that it is a secure network or not. In case you are using your home network sure that it also saves.
- The wifi-operated devices can link to the internet through the use of a WLAN system and AP wireless access is used.
- Each WLAN comes with a structure that is used for data transmission.
Advantages of WIFI
- its speeds is high than the cellular data
- It helps to save cost when used in other countries
- it is less expensive than the cellular data
- It is a high-speed connection
- it is used for the connection of different modules
Disadvantages of WIFI
- It needs a router for communications
- It required a network to get access to the internet
- it can use to a limited range
- It is not secure
- The main functions of WIFI are explained here
- It has the ability to transmit data from 2.4 gigahertz to five gigahertz with fewer security issues than the LIFI system
- This technology is considered cheaper than others
- Its installation on any computer is easy thanks to the use of LAN.
- It is also used to configure laptops, printers, game consoles
- It is mostly used for short distances as its signal covers a distance of three hundred feet
What is Cellular Data
- The group of cells makes the cellular network cell has a certain area and consists of the base station like the 802.11 AP that assists mobile users connecting to the network and air interface of physical and link protocol exist among the base station and mobile phone
- These base stations are linked to mobile switching hubs that link cells to larger areas internet and regulate call setup
Pros and Cons of Cellular Internet
- It also wirelesses internet connection
- It does not need any router to make an internet connection
- It has a limited range of communication
- It offer a good secure connection than the WIFI
- It must be in the range of the tower signal to get the internet signal
- It needed a cellphones plan which comprises cellular data for usage
- Till you do not have unlimited plans for data must note the tracks for data uses
- Its international plans are expensive
- It only used for mobile communications
Similarities between (WiFi) and Cellular Internet
- The internet of WIFI and cellular are same since used wireless communication is done.
- Both have their own advantages and disadvantages. Like Using public wifi for checking of sensitive data cellular internet is preferred
- WIFI helps to make connections with different devices and is less expensive than the cellular data
- It is fine option for us to use other internet connections when not our home internet working
That is all about the Difference Between Wi-Fi and Cellular Data all details has explained. For further details ask in the comments. See you in next post