Hello, friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will discuss the Difference Between Wattmeter & Energy Meter. wattmeter finds the value of electric power flowing in the circuit while energy meter finds the value of net electric energy uses by the load connected in the circuit.
Electrical power is a quantity that explains the rate of doing work and it measured in the watts or kilowatt. While the ability of a system to perform work is called electrical energy. In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at both wattmeter and energy meter with the details to find their differences. So let’s get started with Difference Between Wattmeter & Energy Meter.
Difference Between Wattmeter & Energy Meter
- The meter that measured the value of net power flowing in the circuitry is called a wattmeter.
- It measured the power in watts.
- Its working principle is based on the conductor having current is placed in the field experiences a force.
- The wattmeter uses multiple of current and volts in average terms to fids power.
- The main elements in its structure are fixed and moving coil, control system, damping system and pointer, scale.
- Its practical application is the power measurement of electric circuitry and with that finds the ratings of different instruments.
- To measure the value of utility frequency there is the use of wattmeter called electromagnetic also finds the value of audio frequency
- The normally used wattmeter in the school lab is called electrodynamic wattmeter.
- It has two coils that is fix called current coil that can move called potential coil
- There is a series connection of the current coil with the circuitry and parallel to the potential coil.
- Analog wattmeter has a needle that can move to shown calculation.
- the thousand time of seconds current and voltage measure through digital wattmeter.
- The meter finds the value of power used by the load attached to the circuitry. It called an electricity meter
- they are installed at our homes, markets, shopping center to finds the value of bills.
- Its units of measuring is KWH or kilowatt-hours
- It measured the energy in the Joules.
- Its working operation is based on the transformation of electric energy into work.
- The main elements in the structure of the energy meter are the Driving system, moving system, braking system, and counting mechanism.
- Its practical use is in the measurement value of energy used in homes and industries.
- KWH is the energy consumed by the device in one hour and also has value of 3600000 jouls
- It uses voltage and current instantaneous values to finds the value of energy.
- To find energy used it can be linked in small level load between input supply and load.
- To connect it with high load there should be CT should be used
- It has two main types electronic and electromechanical energy meter.
- Now smart meter are used in industries to finds power
So, friends, it is a detailed post about the difference between a wattmeter and an energy meter. I tried my level best to make simple this post for you. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If you have any further query ask in the comments. Thanks for reading. Have a good day.