Hello, friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will discuss the Difference Between UPS & Inverter. Both of these UPS and inverter are used to deliver backup supply to the electric system. The basic difference between UPS and inverter is that when the main supply cut of switching from main supply to occur instantly while inverter takes some time from pain supply to inverter. The full form of UPS is an Uninterruptable power supply. The ups consist of a battery that delivers power to the load in a small time interval. The delivery of power through ups is fast and takes less time before the system is totally off.
The inverter is a device that used to convert dc current in the ac current. Its input is ac supply and output is dc that used to charge the battery. In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at both UPS and inverter with the detailed compare them to find their differences. So let’s get started with a Difference Between UPS & Inverter
Difference Between UPS & Inverter
- The UPS is an instrument that used to deliver the power to the output when there is no main power supply.
- Its main function is to operate as a flywheel storage system.
- Its switching from main supply to battery occurs very fastly.
- It provides electricity as a backup.
- The main types of UPS are Offline, Online, Line interruptive or Standby UPS.
- It has a direct link with the load.
- This module is used in homes and industries.
- It is expensive than the inverter.
- The main elements of its circuit are Inverter and Controller
- Its power delivering time is less than the invertor.
- It does not have voltage fluctuation.
- There are 3 main types of UPS.
- Online/Double Conversion
- Offline Standby
- Offline UPS provides teh protection to the circuitry and used as battery backup.
- The protective device of this module is a link to the live supply when voltage varies from a certain level it protects the system,
- Then load shifted from line to ups it takes twenty-five milliseconds for this process.
- the structure of line interactive ups is like the standby UPS but having an autotransformer that comes with numerous taps to change voltage level
- The inverter is a device that used to convert dc into ac.
- Its main function is to transform AC power in DC power.
- Its switching takes a larger time than the UPS.
- It can deliver power to the load for a long time interval.
- This module has a voltage fluctuation.
- Its backup is electronic power.
- The commonly used types of the inverter are Stand Alone and Grid Tie Inverter.
- It linked with the load and battery.
- It is less costly than UPS.
- It only used in homes.
That is detailed post about the difference between ups and inverter if you have any query ask in comments. Thanks for reading,