Hello, readers welcome to the new learning tutorial. In this post, we will learn Difference between Standard PCB and Advanced PCB. PCB is a very important consideration of any electronic device that is used in our daily life. With the passage of time, the use of PCB and its products are increasing very fastly. So its construction and uses have become very important for us and its different types also have been created to implement in different projects.
It is not only used in the electronic industry but also employed in the medical field, satellite telecom sector also in military devices. Here we will have an overview of the advanced PCB and Standard PCB with the details to see how they are related and has different features. So let get started.
Introduction to Advanced PCB
- The structure of advanced PCB is somewhat different in layers configuration over the multilayer board that has fewer layers than advanced PCB.
- It is employed in complicated circuits such as automobiles, industrial machines, etc since their circuits need high accuracy to work on.
- Its applications are in telecom devices computer bases circuits also automobiles.
- Sattelite installed at the moon and some other planets have used this board to make their circuits.
- This board implementation in the satellite was preferred over other boards since it offered a high level of complicated computing solutions.
- For solving the high-level operation and handling the complex projects there is a need of advanced PCB board
Comparison between Advanced PCB and Standard PCB
- If we see these two boards practically then will not be easy for us to find the difference between them. To find their differences there is a need to study their different features to know common differences
- The material used to make PCB boards at the PCBWAY that is the most famous and PCB services provider is best and more high quality than others.
- Their boards fulfill all demands required for industry and users.
- As compared to other boards the power used by the advanced PCB is less and offered a high level of signal accuracy.
- Due to good signal handling ability, it is preferred for telecom applications.
- By offering high-quality PCBWAY can make the PCB up to sixty-four layers. For making the ability to use less power there is use of advanced metallic material and ultra-thick copper base creation technique.
- For reduction of inductance existing in board vias, there is the use of highly accurate back drilling.
- To decrease the use of solder joints there is the use of embedded resistances and capacitors.
Difference between Advanced PCB and Standard PCB
- The main difference between the advanced PCB and standard PCB according to pcbway services are listed here.
|Advanced PCB||Standard PCB|
|It commonly used in industrial equipment, automobiles, telecom||Small level appliances, lights used at homes|
|To make this board highly experienced technician is needed||Not need high experienced technician|
|Its construction quantity is equal to one and more than one||Its construction quantity is 5,10,15,20,25 pieces|
|The material used at PCBWAY for this board are Shengyi, Arlon,Isola, Omega,Nelco,3M etc. Meet IPC4101 class B/L Rogers,||It constructed with KB(kingboard)/GDM(goldenmax) Meet IPC4101 class B/L|
|Its drilling hole size through mechanical way is 0.15millimeter and laser hole dia is 0.1 millimeter||Its Mechanical Hole Size 0.2mm|
|Solder maks off set is ±2mil||Its soldermask offset is ±3mil|
|Its glass transition is >140℃||Its is >130℃|
The construction duration is based on the layers numbers for advanced board Here you can see the details for the construction of boards on the basis of number of layers
|Duration for Construction||Layers numbers|
|More then 22||One twenty hours and one day|
|14 to 22||Ninty six hours and one day|
|10 to 12||Seventy-two hours and one day|
|6 to 8||Forty-eight hours and one day|
|Four layers||Twenty four hours plus one day|
|Two layers||Eighteen hours and one day|
Advanced PCB Applications
- Its common applications are automobiles circuits.
- Industry devices used this board.
- Used in aviation materials
- LED used this board
- X-ray machines are designed for this board.
That is all about the Difference between Standard PCB and Advanced PCB. I have explained the all parameters that make a clear difference between the standard and advanced PCB. If you have any further query mentioned here will solve it. I have explained to you how you can get these two PCB from the PCBWAY that is most famous PCB provider. Thanks for reading have a nice day
Special offer: $2 for 1-8 layer PCBs
Free SMT Assembly Monthly
New arrival for Aluminum boards, only $2