Hello fellows, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will have a look at Difference Between Speed and Velocity. . We can find the movement of an object with the calculation of distance completed by an object in a given time interval called speed. The speed is sometimes considered similar to the velocity since these 2 have some similarities. But these are different parameters of motion in science.
Velocity is a calculation of distance covered by a body in a certain direction. In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at both these factors of motion and their relationship with each other. So let’s get started with Difference between Speed and Velocity.
Difference between Speed and Velocity
- Distance traveled by an object in unit time is called speed.
- Speed tells about how fast someone is moving.
- It is a scalar quantity.
- the speed formula is s=d/t here s is speed d distance t time
- its dimensiosn is M0L1T-1
- main 4 types it has
- uniform, average, instantaneous, variable
- equal distance in equal time called uniform speed
- same time is taken to cover different distance called variable
- total distance to total time ratio called average speed
- Speed taken at any time called instant speed
- A speedometer is used to speed measurements.
- It denoted the rapidity of a body.
- It is a rate of change of distance.
- If the body covers some distance and moves back to the original position its distance speed will not be zero.
- The speed of moving bodies is not 0.
- Its SI unit m/s.
- Anybody can have different velocities but has the same speed.
- The rate of change in the position of the body with time is called velocity.
- It is equivalent to the body speed feature having direction and movement.
- It mostly used in the science field of kinematics.
- It is a physical term that has velocity tan magnitude.
- Its unit is m/s other units are ft/s, km/h
- Average velocity is Δv=Δx/Δt
- angular velocity is ω=Δθ/Δt
- If the body has zero distance its velocity is zero velocity
- The velocity measured between two objects called relative velocity.
- Its dimension is LT−1
- The moving body has zero value of speed
- Change in velocity called acceleration
- Speed measured at any instant of moving object called instantaneous speed
- The product of mass and velocity equal to the momentum.
- It is a vector quantity.
- It denoted the rapidity and location of a body.
- It is the rate of change of displacement.
- If the body covers some distance and comes to its original position its velocity will be 0.
- The velocity of moving bodies can be negative, positive and 0.
- Its system international unit is m/s.
That is detailed post about Difference between Speed and Velocity if you have any query about Difference between Speed and Velocity ask in comments. I tried my level best to make it simple for you. See you next interesting post, have a good day.