Hello, friends, I hope all of you are enjoying your life. In today’s tutorial, I am going to explain Difference Between Single Sided PCB & Multilayer PCB. PCB stands for printed circuit board it also known as printed wiring board. When it was not common to use circuit construction was a very difficult and time-consuming process also costly, because it was done manually. Manually construction circuits also had less working life and insulation of these circuits was also difficult. After the availability of integrated circuits and different semiconductor materials circuit’s compositions become easy and the printed circuit board also developed with the time.
This circuit board made the construction of circuits too easy, cost-effective, and increases reliability. Now on this board, we can easily make our circuit and projects easily. With the providing to you detailed overview about single and multilayer also want to give some detailed overview about the PCB manufacturer that can help you to make PCBs for your projects with high quality and affordable prices. There are numerous PCB supplier are working but one and only best PCB manufacturer is JLCPCB. Over 800,000 businesses and innovators use JLCPCB. Whether you’re creating your first PCB, or developing an electronic hardware product, they are here to help you build hardwares easier and faster by providing rapid PCB prototype and SMT assembly service. JLCPCB constantly looking for new ways to improve and shorten the PCB prototyping process — from pioneering online quoting/ordering system, automatic production to fast delivery. JLCPCB makes cheapest but top quality PCBs possibly because of scale effect, extremely high production efficiency and less manpower cost. .
Single-Sided PCB Board
- Single-sided printed circuit board is the basic category of a circuit board on this board only one side is used for the production of different circuits and there is only one side that has conductive parts for the construction of circuits.
- Due to simple construction, its price is also very less and the best option for new engineering students and project constructor to use it.
- this category of circuit board firstly invented in 1950 but due to its simple design and easy use it is still used in different electrical and electronic projects.
- In 1956 when some engineers of japan start to work on this PCB this was the time it gets boast in electronic industries.
- The manufacturing of this board is very easy it consists of copper at one side with the substrate over copper coating for protection of board solder mask is rapped.
Construction of Single Sided PCB Board
- Due to simple design, its manufacturing process is very easy, cost-effective and less time consuming the substrate substance of this board comprises fiberglass to increase the strength of the board.
- On this substrate material, different paths for current flow and components assembly is manufactured with the copper, use of copper is due to its best conductive power and less cost.
- The length and diameter of copper paths rely on the manufacturing of circuit and users demand it measured in ounce per square feet.
- Over the copper conductive path, a layer of solder mask is coated this layer provides safety to copper paths from corrosion due to oxidation and moisture in the environment.
- On both of these two copper and solder masks, there is and third silkscreen layer that employed for the drawing of different components symbols characters, it makes sure users place components at proper place and with the right connection.
- Multilayer PCB consists of a minimum 3 and larger than three numbers of a layer that has conductive paths.
- All these layers have some insulation material among them and connected with one another through some adhesive material.
- This structure of large no of layers provides a large space for the construction of circuits.
- The linking among the layers of the circuit board are done by the plating through-hole method.
- At the central portion of an insulating substance, it has 3 conductive sheets that can also define conductive track on board.
- Due to the complicated structure of large no of layer its design is like the rigid printed circuit board, not possible to make it similar to flexible PCB.
- Its main benefits are that if you are going to complicated circuits that need a large number of components than you can assemble one hundred layers on a single board.
- But mostly used no of layers are four to eight as it provides a facility to handle complicated projects.
- Some cell phones comprise of twelve layers printed circuit board as it is compatible with their complex circuit.
- The even no of layers are assembled on a single circuitry board as odd no of layers creates complications for the construction of circuitry.
- If odd no of layers are assembled that it not difficult to fold the board after making a connection of components.
- Odd assembly of layer is also expensive.
Advantages of Multilayer PCB
- These are some advantages of multilayer PCB.
- The important feature of this PCB is that it is available in a smaller size.
- One of the most prominent and lauded benefits of using multilayer PCBs lies in their size.
- Due to their layer structure, multilayer circuit board are characteristically lesser than other circuit board with analogous functions.
- This features the most effective use of it for different engineering projects and electronic devices like phones, laptops, and computers.
- Due to smaller size, it also has less connections for large no of components that decrease its weight.
- Due to less weight its the best option for current electronic devices.
- The planning and designing used for creation for this circuit board provide best quality than the single and dual-sided printed circuit board.