Hello, friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will discuss the Difference Between Diffraction and Interference. The basic difference serial and parallel communication is that in serial communication a one transmission path is used to send data from one point to another. While in parallel communication numerous paths are used to the transmission of data at once.
As there is a single path is used in serial communication so its price is less than the parallel communication. In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at both serial and parallel communication techniques and discuss their different parameters to find differences. So let’s get started with Difference Between Serial and Parallel Communication.
Difference Between Serial and Parallel Communication
- The transmission of data through this communication technique take time or a slow process.
- There is only a single link is used for the transmission of data.
- There is only a single bit that is transmitted through serial communication.
- Its price is less.
- It does not provide crosstalk.
- In this communication system or data transmission system there is a single bit of data is transmitted.
- It prefers to use where parallel communication does not work like longer distance transmission and in the computer system.
- Due to well strength of signal transmission, it used for short-distance transmission.
- Numerous serial communication networks were created for data transmission for larger distance start lie data cable.
- Video data is transmitted through this system
- It sends data in form of binary numbers. Like zero and one
- It has different types like simplex half-duplex and full-duplex.
- Simplex is a single method of communication.
- Half-duplex sending end and receiving end is operated but not regularly.
- In full-duplex both sender and receiver work at the same time
- The system used in these techniques can easily upgrade.
- The transmission mode for this technique is full-duplex.
- It mostly preferred for longer distances communication.
- For high-frequency operation, its efficiency is high.
- The transmission of data through this technique is fast.
- In this system, more than one bit of data is transmitted in parallel combination.
- Its price is larger than the serial communication.
- It provides the facility of crosstalk.
- The up-gradation of the system used in parallel communication is difficult.
- A half-duplex mode of transmission is used in parallel communication.
- It mostly used for short distances communication.
- The main difference between these two techniques is the conductive paths used for the transmission of data in these two.
- In parallel more than one path then serial for data sending.
- In a ten-bit parallel communication system, ten bits will send at a time while in a serial only one bit send.
- It used in different types of integrated circuits with a ram that is memory unit.
- The buses used in computer for data transmission has parallel communication
- The paths used for communication in this technique is more than one.
- As there is numerous paths or links in this technique for communication so numerous bits can be transmitted.
- It is less efficient for high-frequency operation.
That is all about difference between serial communication and parallel communication. If you have any query ask in comments. Thanks for reading. Have a good day
Special offer: $2 for 1-8 layer PCBs
Free SMT Assembly Monthly
New arrival for Aluminum boards, only $2