Hello, friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will discuss the Difference Between Sensor & Transducer. The basic difference between sensor and transducer is that the sensor detects the variation in the physical parameters of the environment while the transducer transforms the physical parameter or nonelectrical quantities into the electrical signal. Both of these are physical instruments used in different electrical devices to measure physical quantities.
The operation of the sensor is that it sens the level of energy and transforms in an electrical signal that can be calculated with the digital meter. But the transducer varies the energy from one form to another. In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at both transducer and sensor with a detailed compare them to find their differences. So let’s get started with the Difference Between Sensor & Transducer.
Difference Between Sensor & Transducer
- It is such a device that is used to detect the variation occurring in the system and send ot the main device that can be a computer.
- It needed certain types of devices to operate on
- Its practical installation is in lifts of shopping malls’ lamps operation.
- It used in different modern application due to advancement in the field of controller that helps to make its use in different aspect practical example of modern senor is MARG
- There is still use of potentiometer and resistance to control the analog sensors
- The device used to explain the composition of different chemical substances like gases, fluids are called chemical sensor
- The chemical sensor tells the quantity of material in the form of signal and then converted in the values
- 2 main processes work for chemical sensors first one is recognition and transduction
- The device that is used to send the biological behavior is called biomedicine
- Its basic function is to sense the variation in the parameter and transform in the resultant signal.
- An example of sensor is a proximity sensor, Magnetic sensor, Accelerometer sensor, Light sensor, etc.
- Any type of instrument that is used to transform any category of energy in another type of energy is called a traducer.
- It is used to transform signals from one or another type.
- Its common use in different fields of life like automobile, controlling of the different system her electrical signal is mostly used to conversion in different parameters.
- The phenomenon that helps the transducer to convert signals from one to other types is called transduction
- The main elements of the transducer are sensor and signal conditioning.
- Its main function is the transformation of one type of energy to another.
- Examples of transducer are thermistors, potentiometers, thermocouples.
- It is the ratio between the highest value of the signal and the low value of the signal measured from the transducer called dynamic range having high this range shows good sensitivity.
- It comes feature to generate a single signal more than one time.
- The thermocouple also transforms the temperature measured with the thermometer in the voltage.
- These are some applications of sensors.
- To provide protection to the home motion sensors are used with that automation door system is used.
- Photosensor is used for the detection of infrared and ultraviolet light.
- For detection of screen rotations accelerometer is used.
That is a detailed post about the difference between sensor and transducer If you have any query ask in the comments. Thanks for reading have a good day.