Hello, readers welcome to new post. Here we will discuss Difference Between Power Transformer and Distribution Transformer. The transformer is a device that is used to vary the voltage level from high to low or low to high according to load demands. Normally two types of transformer are sued in electrical power system.
The first one is power and the second one is distributing the transformer. The transformer are differentiated on the basis of their volts, power installation and some other facts that we will discuss. So let’s get started.
Difference Between Power Transformer and Distribution Transformer
What is a Power Transformer?
- It used to transient power for high lads and voltage value larger than 33 kV with one hundred percent efficiency.
- Their volume then distributing transformer is larger and installed at transmission and generation station.
- These transformers configure transmission systems and do not directly attach to users’ side and at these transformer load not very.
- Since this transformer has almost full load throughout the whole day in results copper and iron losses are very less.
- Load fluctuations are very less
- The schematic of this transformer is created with metallic material covered with sheets. It has two types of cores shell or core.
- Its windings arrangements define that either it is single-phase or three-phase.
- 3 single-phase transformers needed one bank through additional parts for continued power delivery.
- The transformer is configured to decrease the voltage level from high to low called step down and the transformer increases the voltage level called step up.
What is a Distribution Transformer?
- This transformer are employed for less value of volts distribution and attached at users ends have a rating less than 200 MVA.
- It transmits the voltage level less than the thirteen kilovolts at industry and for domestic level transmit the 440V to 220 volts. Its efficiency level is fifty to seventy percent
- It is attached at the user’s end and load fluctuation are high. These transformers not fully load all day so iron losses occur in the whole day and copper losses occur according to load attached.
- Its structure is smaller than the power transformer
Distribution Transformer Construction
- The component used for the construction of the transformer are discussed here and their function
- An oil tank exists in the transformer structure.
- Conservative is connected on the oil tank for this purpose metallic tube used.
- Buchholz rely on is connect on the conservative tank to measure the oil level
- The breather having silica jel is used to absorb the moisture.
- At the conservation tank oil indicator connects to show oil level.
- For measuring the temperature detector is used.
- To eliminate the gases pressure from the transformer pressure relief value is used
- To measure the temperature of winding thermal really used
- For enhancement of cooling, efficiency radiator is used
- Bushes used for making the connection to external circuits
- There are two types of windings connections are used in the transformer delta dn wye
That is all about the Difference Between Power Transformer and Distribution Transformer. All details has been explained. If you have any further query ask in comments, Thanks for reading have a nice day.