Hi guys welcome to the new post. In this post, we will learn about Difference Between Motor and Generator. The motor is a device that used to convert electrical energy into mechanical energy and the generator transforms mechanical energy into electrical. There are different industrial and practical applications where these two devices are used.
Here we cover some basics about these devices and know about some differences. So let get started with Difference Between Motor and Generator
Difference Between Motor and Generator
What is Motor
- The motor is such an electric device that transforms electric power into mechanical power.
- The working of these motors depends on the interaction of the field at the stator with the flux generated by the current armature windings at the rotor.
- The input to the motor can be provided according to their types if they are dc motors then the input will be provided with the battery, rectifiers and if the motor is ac then its input will come from the ac power source, inverter, and ac generator induction generator or synchronous generator.
- Classifications of motors can according to input supply like AC or DC source, with that it can be classified with their internal structure, practical implementations, etc.
- With AC or DC motors, there are other types of electrical motors like brush motor, brushless motor, single-phase motor, 2 phase motor, 3 phase motor, etc.
Types of Motor
- There are basic 2 types of the motor first one is dc motors and the second one is ac motor and some other of motors are listed here.
- DC motor
- AC Motor
- Special Motor
- Synchronous motor
- Induction motor
- Series motor
- Shunt motor
- Single Phase motor
- Three-phase Motor
What is Generator
- A generator is an electrical machine that transforms mechanical energy provided by the prime mover into electrical energy. The prime mover can be steam, water, gas turbine, wind turbine, etc.
- A first electrical generator was invented by Faraday in 1831, who was a scientist of the United Kingdom. Faraday’s generator name was Faraday Disk. This generator was to deliver power to the grid station.
- With the invention of the generator faraday also gave its operating principle in 1831 its rule is also known as Faraday’s law.
- Faraday’s law states that if some conductive material is placed in a magnetic field then emf will be induced in that conductive material.
- The construction of the Faraday disk generator was very simple for it he used simple copper disk and rotates in a field of horseshoe shape magnet. The output of the faraday generator was dc voltage.
That is a detailed post about the Difference Between Motor and Generator. If you have any further query mention in the comments box. See you in the next post. Have a good day.