Hello, friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will discuss the Difference Between MCB and MCCB. The basic difference between MCB and MCCB is that rating of MCB is eighteen hundred and interrupt rating of MCCB is between ten thousand to two lac amperes.
In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at both MCB and MCCB compare them to discuss their differences. So let’s get started with Difference Between MCB & MCCB.
Difference Between MCB & MCCB
- MCB is type of circuit breaker that provides protection to the system from current due to overloading conditions.
- The full form of MCB is Miniature Circuit Breaker.
- Its tripping circuit is non-moveable.
- The miniature circuit breaker is of single, two, and three poles.
- The maximum interrupt rating for this circuit breaker is 1800 ampere.
- It can not be on and off distance or remote.
- The current rating of MCB is one hundred amperes.
- Its common applications are lightning circuit and for less current consuming loads.
- It mostly used in homes.
- This circuit breaker provides protection to the components of the system form high temperature and faulty current.
- The full form of MCCB is Moulded case circuit breaker.
- Its tripping circuitry is moveable.
- It is available in 1, 2, 3 and four poles configuration.
- Its interrupt rating is 10k to 200 kiloamperes.
- Its operation can be regulated from some distance.
- Its current rating is between ten to two hundred amperes.
- It is used in such a circuit that used a large amount of current.
- It is mostly used in buildings and industries.
What is MCB
- The MCB is an electromechanical instrument that automatically breaks the circuit when there is non-normal condition exits.
- The current in results of short circuit can be easily detected by the MCB.
- Its operation is very simple. The main operation of it is that it provides protection to the circuit elements from overcurrent.
- There are 2 contacts of it first is fix and other is moveable.
- When the value of current rises from the specified limit moveable contacts of MCB will be separated from the fixed connections that open the circuit and separate it from the main power source.
What is MCCB
- The full form of MCCB moulded case circuit breaker. It provides protection to the circuit from overload. It usually used in such places where variable tripping is needed.
- The current rating of this circuit breaker is twenty-five hundred amperes. It mostly used in such an application where the large current is required.
- To trip the circuit it has manually operated switch. There are 2 main configurations of MCCB first is for high temperature and second for large current.
- This device consists of bimetallic contacts that contract and expands with the variation in the temperature of MCCB
- For normal working situations, these contact permits the movement of current in the circuitry.
- But with the increment in current from defined value contact will bear the high temperature and get expansion till connections are open.
- So separated the circuit from the main power source and provides the protection to the devices connected in the circuit.
Comparison between MCB and MCCB
- MCB is a category of breaker that provides the protection to the system from overload current while MCCb provides protection from the high temperature and current due to short circuits.
- The MCB stands for the miniature circuit breaker and MCCB stands for moulded case circuit breaker.
- The MCB has fixed tripping circuit and MCCB has a moveable tripping cirucit.
- The MCB has 1, 2, and three poles while MCCB has 1,2,3, and four poles.
- The interrupt current rating of MCB is eighteen hundred amperes and MCCB is ten thousand to two lac.
- The distant controlling of MCB is not possible while MCCB can be on and off from distance.
- For such circuits where less current is used where MCB is preferred for large current MCCB is used.
- MCB is used in homes and MCCB is used in industries.
So it is detailed post about the difference between MCB and MCCB if you have any queries ask in comments. thanks for reading. Have a good day.