Hello, friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will discuss the Difference Between MCB and MCCB. The basic difference between MCB and MCCB is that rating of MCB is eighteen hundred and interrupt rating of MCCB is between ten thousand to two lac amperes. MCB used to handle less value loads and MCCB used to handle large-value load due to high rating
In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at both MCB and MCCB compare them to discuss their differences. So let’s get started with Difference Between MCB & MCCB.
Difference Between MCB & MCCB
- MCB is type of circuit breaker that provides protection to the system from high-value current when a load of high range connected to circuitry
- The full form of MCB is Miniature Circuit Breaker.
- It configured like a switch when open manual way and close through this process
- Its rating curetn should be less than one twent five ampere
- It works for overloading conditions not good to use to control surges and high starting current existing at the motors.
- Its design is such that can control short circuitry errors then reside for 2.5 ms
- the commons types of MCB are B, C, and D
- Its common applications are lightning circuits and for less current consuming loads.
- It mostly used in homes.
- It can handle faults that occur due to overloading shrot circuitry
How Circuit Breaker Works
- The operation of all types of the circuit breaker is the same. The cirucitr breaker sens the situation occure due to the faults occur in circuitry.
- In case of less value of voltage this operation is done by the breaker . Generally heating fact of current is used.
- Circcuit breaker in case of high vlaue of curren is generally configured to the relay to observe the fault in the circutry.
- There is certain power supply is needed like battery, there is some breaker that are consits of CT, relay and inner power sources
- After detection of error circcuitry breaker connections should be opne for interruption of circuitry it is normally occure through energry stored in brekaer like due to spring.
- This circuit breaker provides protection to the components of the system form high temperature and faulty current.
- The full form of MCCB is Moulded case circuit breaker.
- Its rating value of one sixteen hundred
- It is used in such a circuit that used a large amount of current.
- It is mostly used in buildings and industries.
- There is a temperature detecting module link to this brake that detiec temperate when a fault occurs and trip the circuit.
So it is detailed post about the difference between MCB and MCCB if you have any queries ask in comments. thanks for reading. Have a good day.